Perseus Mining Ghana Ltd
Mining / Petroleum
Job Vacancy For Senior Mechanical Supervisor At Perseus Mining Ghana Ltd (Western Region)
Perseus Mining is a dual listed (Australia, Toronto) gold miner and explorer focused on the West African region. Perseus Mining (Ghana) Limited (PMGL) has recently commissioned the world-class Edikan gold project in the Western Region of Ghana:- Senior Mechanical Supervisor
The purpose of this role is to ensure all mechanical related work within the Edikan mine are carried out in a cost effective, environmentally friendly and safe manner and to provide complex technical support to the maintenance team to ensure continued growth of the department to maximise operational and mechanical efficiencies and profitability.
The key roles and responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Manage, supervise and coordinate Mechanical Supervisors, Maintenance Technicians/Fitters, and support their career development.
• Provide technical assistance, support and attend to difficult mechanical issues that require specialist expertise
• Use troubleshooting skills to facilitate repairs during equipment downtime.
• Understand tasks and objectives of the Mechanical Superintendent and provide necessary support to drive those actions.
• Provide guidance to Mechanical Supervisors on opportunities and challenges and have a continuous improvement mindset.
• Ensure statutory requirements are met and comply with the Mine Regulation Act and clauses that apply to your work area.
• Reduce unplanned equipment maintenance through effective planning and proactive assessment of issues.
• Increase reliability and availability of plant equipment through effective management of work and available resources to achieve the department's goal.
• Ensure that maintenance work are carried out under safe conditions.
Qualification Required & Experience
• BSc Mechanical Engineering with 5 years' experience or Mechanical Trade certification with 15 years' experience
• High caliber and technically astute person with experience in operations.
• Knowledge and experience encompassing slinging, rigging, boiler making/welding fabrication, rubber lining and machining.
• Experience in gyratory crushers, conveying, bulk materials handling, large gear drive mills, and general mineral processing equipment.
• Must have a valid Ghanaian driving license
• Pro-active self-starter with good communication skills and the ability to fit into the site culture seamlessly
• A proven successful track record of leading teams and managing maintenance workforce at operating processing facilities.
• General knowledge of defect elimination methodologies and their interpretation.
• Ability to interpret mechanical engineering drawings
Location: Western Region
How To Apply For The Job
Applications will only be received by email to:
firstname.lastname@example.org with job title as the subject line of the email.
Closing Date: 30 November, 2015
Perseus Mining (Ghana) Limited is an equal opportunity employer