• To lead the progress of the STAR Ghana Programme towards its strategic goals through high quality monitoring and evaluation, providing support to STAR’s interventions and partners and leading monitoring, impact evaluation and donor reporting. The role ensures that the programme is able to draw on learning as well as contribute to learning within the sector. Role context
• The STAR programme in Ghana has a dual focus - catalysing the efforts of citizens towards systemic
change on specific issues, and working towards the creation of a Ghanaian-run corporate entity to
sustain support for these efforts beyond the life cycle of the programme.
• Within this framework, this role leads on setting up and maintaining a strong and effective results framework; ensuring that the programme interventions are effectively monitored and evaluated; ensuring that results across the programme are aggregated to demonstrate trends and change in different areas; leading on learning across the programme so that it is fed into programme decision-making; leads on financial and administrative systems and processes being improved, linked to M&E; ensures staff and partners have the adequate training and support to effectively deliver on the M&E requirements; and leads on sharing the learning effectively.
• The role will also lead on development of an organisational M&E framework appropriate to the Ghanaian run entity.
• This role will have strategic oversight on M&E across the entire programme, on donor and internal reporting which involves working closely with grantees/partners. Key outcomes
• Effective management and coordination in the elaboration of the results framework during the
• Oversight of ongoing programme monitoring of outputs and outcomes to inform quarterly reviews.
• Collaborate with other senior staff in the Programme Management Team to develop a clear results
story for the programme.
• Positive relationships developed with partners and other stakeholders through effective, respectful,
valuing and supportive communication.
• Training and support provided to staff and partners so they can effectively deliver on the M&E
• Lead in the development and implementation of team, partners and allies capacity building (formal
and informal). In particular, lead taken in building capacity around monitoring and evaluation.
• High quality system developed for information and on-going learning for M&E, programme
development and programme improvement. Qualification Required & Experience
Applied skills/knowledge and expertise (Extent/type of knowledge, skills and experience required, extent to which a source of expertise to others. Maybe a professional qualification but may be skills and knowledge gained through experience) Essential:
• Degree or equivalent relevant qualification
• Monitoring and evaluation skills, including the ability to analyse research and evaluation findings
and other information for donor reports and the benefit of governments and practitioners
• Experience of leading and setting up an M&E framework for a complex programme
• Experience measuring the impact of ‘hard to measure’ interventions such as advocacy and
• Significant international development experience implementing and/or evaluating governance and
accountability programmes at scale
• Skills for training M&E and non-M&E professionals around the importance of monitoring, reporting
• Advanced communication skills, including fluent written and spoken English
• Ability to work in an adaptive and flexible way
• Masters degree in a relevant field Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants should apply using the following link:- Click Here To Apply Online Closing Date:
22 December, 2015