Type of Contract:
Length of Contract:
7th December 2015
Planned Interview Date:
Week commencing 14 December 2015
Christian Aid is working with others to end poverty in Africa. At the heart of this vision is transformation of the lives of people who live in poverty, empowering them to have a brighter future. Christian Aid is seeking senior staff to manage a major donor funded accountability programme in Ghana.
About the role
The STAR programme in Ghana has a dual focus - catalysing the efforts of citizens towards systemic change on specific issues, and working towards the creation of a Ghanaian-run corporate entity to sustain support for these efforts beyond the life cycle of the programme. Within this framework, the Senior M&E Manager leads on ensuring that the programme interventions are effectively monitored; creates conditions so that learning is fed into programme decision-making; contributes to financial and administrative systems and processes being improved, linked to M&E; and contributes to sharing the learning effectively. The role will also lead on development of an organisational M&E framework appropriate to the Ghanaian run entity. This role leads on donor and internal reporting which involves working closely with grantees/partners.
• The successful applicant will have proven monitoring and evaluation skills, including the ability to analyse research and evaluation findings and other information for donor reports and the benefit of governments and practitioners. They will have experience measuring the impact of ‘hard to measure’ interventions such as advocacy and accountability, as well as significant international development experience implementing and/or evaluating governance and accountability programmes at scale
Qualification Required & Experience
• Monitoring and evaluation skills, including the ability to analyse research and evaluation findings and other information for donor reports and the benefit of governments and practitioners
• Experience of leading and setting up an M&E framework for a complex programme
• Experience measuring the impact of ‘hard to measure’ interventions such as advocacy and accountability
• Significant international development experience implementing and/or evaluating governance and accountability programmes at scale
• Skills for training M&E and non-M&E professionals around the importance of monitoring, reporting and evaluation
• Advanced communication skills, including fluent written and spoken English
• Masters degree in a relevant field
• This role requires applicants to have the right to work in the country where this position is based.
• We value diversity and aspire to reflect this in its workforce. We welcome applications from people from all sections of the community, irrespective of race, colour, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
• You can expect a wide range of rewards and benefits and flexibility that will ensure you enjoy a good work/life balance.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants should apply using the following link:
Click Here To Apply Online
07 December, 2015