Perseus Mining Limited is a dual-listed (Australia, Toronto) gold miner and explorer focused on the West African region. Perseus Mining Limited, Edikan Mine has commissioned the world-class Edikan gold project in the Western Region of Ghana.
The Edikan processing facility has been designed as a 5.5Mtpa processing facility and achieved up to 7.2Mtpa through a few plant upgrades in 2016. The plant is capable of producing at a rate of 180,000-220,000oz gold per annum. Job Title:
Senior Plant Metallurgist ROLE
• The successful candidate would ensure that all Metallurgical, Production, Metallurgical laboratory services and safety targets are met, and continuous improvement is achieved Key Responsibilities:
• Accountable for implementing the process plant improvement agenda as set out by the Process Manager and Metallurgical Superintendent.
• Acting as the Metallurgical superintendent when required.
• Ensuring that all metallurgical production data is accurate and reported in a timely manner.
• Supporting an environment of continuous improvement within the metallurgical teams
• Providing supervision and leadership to the site’s metallurgical laboratory, ensuring delivery of quality, timely and safe laboratory test work.
• Leading the design, procurement installation, and commissioning of small-scale plant debottlenecking projects, managing projects to an effective completion within the proposed schedule and allocated budget.
• Identifying process plant improvement opportunities and initiating laboratory test work, plant surveys or plant trials to support the development of plant modification scopes
• Engaging and managing third party technical expert reviews, process modelling and engineering studies.
• Preparing and presenting plant improvement capital expenditure requests to management for review and approval
• Ensuring Plant Metallurgical Parameters are maintained. Providing Support and Guidance to Operational Crews
• Ensure Plant Performance is efficient as possible-day-to-day liaison with maintenance management and process staff.
• Ensuring any training or skill deficiencies within the team (direct and indirect subordinates) are discussed with your supervisor and ensure the implementation of individual training and development plans to fill these gaps.
• Assisting with developing, implementing, and maintaining safe work procedures and promoting safety, healthy and environmental awareness Leading teams and encouraging teamwork amongst various stakeholders.
• Performing any other related duties on the exigencies of Edikan Gold Mine operation as assigned by the Metallurgical Superintendent. Qualification Required & Experience
• BSc in Mineral Engineering / Chemical Engineering.
• Must have MINCOM Process Senior Officer Certificate of Competency.
• Must have a minimum of (6) years of field practical experience.
• Experience in Sulphide Flotation would be an advantage.
• Must be able to drive and possess a valid Ghanaian driving licence.
• Must have excellent people management skills Remuneration:
Competitive and Attractive Location:
Edikan Mine, Ayanfuri, Central Region How To Apply For The Job
Applications will only be received by email to: [email protected]
with the advertised job title “Senior Plant Metallurgist” as the subject line of the email. Closing Date:
15 April, 2022