Research / Science
Job Vacancy For Senior Programme Officer, Technical Regulations At Energy Commission
• Report to the Head of Division;
• Assist in planning and implementation of programmes to promote and ensure the efficient use of Natural Gas;
• Assist in promotion and compliance monitoring of uniform rules of practice and standards of performance for the transmission, wholesale supply, distribution and sale of natural gas;
• Conduct demand surveys for the development and utilization of natural gas in Ghana.
• Assist in initiating policy options relating to the regulation, management, development and utilization of natural gas in Ghana;
• Assist in the evaluation of applications submitted for permits/licences to service providers in the Natural Gas Industry;
• Collect data and information on the development of natural gas industry in Ghana;
• Assist in monitoring the compliance of the licensing framework, codes of practice and standards of performance for service providers in the natural gas industry;
• Coordinate the preparation of quarterly, annual and performance reports for the Division; and
• Perform any other related duties assigned.
Qualification Required & Experience
Applicants must possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Petrochemical or chemical) plus Masters in the field of Oil and Gas Engineering. Must be knowledgeable in any of the following: Project Management, Project Planning, Regulatory Policy, Gas Processing Technology or Gas Regulatory Laws.
• Minimum of 3 years relevant post graduate working experience
• Demonstrate evidence of working in Natural Gas industry.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills (written/spoken).
• Ability to dialogue with superior officers, government officials, gas companies and energy service providers.
• Applicant MUST be computer literate and be able to use computer without assistance or supervision.
• Must be willing to travel.
How To Apply For The Job:
Only qualified and interested persons should apply with curriculum vitae, three referees (two of whom must be work-related, one being his immediate supervisor). Signed applications should be sent to:
The Human Resource Manager
Plot 40, Frema House
PMB Ministries Post Office
Tel: 0302-813756/7 Fax: 0302-813764
Closing Date: 15 February 2013