Ghana, a relatively peaceful country in the West Africa sub-region currently hosts approximately 13,000 refugees from thirty-six (36) countries across the globe. The Ghana Refugee Board (GRB) was established by PNDC LAW 305 (D) of 1992 with a broad mandate to handle and manage refugee issues, provide care, assistance and protection for all asylum seekers and refugees on the shores of Ghana. GRB is an autonomous agency of the Ministry of the Interior.
The Board is chaired by an official appointed by the President, and composed of representatives from the Ghana Police, Immigration, National Security, Ministries of Foreign Affairs, Education, Gender and Social Welfare, Attorney General and Justice and the National Disaster Management Organization with an observer status for UNHCR representation.
Board functions are performed within the following legal framework: Ghana Refugee Law of 1992; the 1951 UN Convention Relating to the Status of Refugees; the 1969 OAU Convention Governing Specific Aspects of Refugee Problems in Africa. GRB’s day-to-day affairs are handled by a Secretariat under an Executive Secretary appointed by the President on the advice of the Public Service Commission.
GRB is seeking to recruit suitably motivated and qualified persons for the following positions: Senior Programs Officer
• To provide administrative, technical and operational support for the implementation of programs and activities towards achievement of the objectives of the Board
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provides technical input into the formulation and development of policies, strategies, regulations and standards of the Division.
• Coordinates plans and activities for the efficient and effective management of the resources (human, material and financial) of the Division.
• Provides input for the preparation and development of the Board’s strategic plan.
• Provides input for the preparation of the Annual and other periodic Reports of the Division.
• Coordinates the preparation of budget and work plan for the Division.
• Provides input into the design and implementation of a Partnership and Resource Mobilization strategy of the Board
• Develops and maintains regular contacts and communication arrangements for ensuring efficient operations at the refugee camps
• Participates in Partnership meetings and joint monitoring of camp operations
• Supervises and appraises the performance of immediate subordinate staff.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum of a master’s degree from an accredited tertiary institution in Social Sciences, or any relevant equivalent disciplines.
• A minimum of eight (8) years relevant working experience in the public service or reputable organization, four (4) years of which must be in a Programs Officer position.
• Must pass a selection interview conducted by the Board in collaboration with the Public Services Commission.
• Ability to apply technical knowledge in analyzing and solving problems
• Good knowledge and understanding of Project Management and implementation
• Good knowledge and understanding of Public Sector rules, regulations, systems and procedures
• Excellent knowledge in financial, procurement, budgeting, auditing and labor regulations
• Good communications, presentation and interpersonal skills
• Good knowledge of relevant IT applications.
• Strategic Planning, Management, Decision-making and conflict management skills
• Quantitative and Qualitative, Negotiation and Lobbying skil
How To Apply For The Job
Please send your CV and statement of purpose to:
Only those who meet the criteria above should apply
31 May, 2019