AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Senior Project Specialist. ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
• The Senior Project Specialist will manage the development, co-ordination, performance, management, maintenance and improvement of mining infrastructure works at specified locations and on allocated projects.
• He will also ensure that accurate and timely reporting standards are maintained throughout the project(s) while coordinating with project team and site management on status, significant trends, and changes of approved projects. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Work compliantly with the requirement of government of Ghana agencies, environmental, health and safety legislation and AGAG regulations.
• Accept personal responsibility for health and safety and that of every mine worker by his/her work. Also have a duty of care for themselves and others in a working environment.
• Adhere to the site’s environmental management plan.
• Work with authorities, other peers and subordinates to control and manage mining projects, seek out, lead and apply underground best practices and continuous improvement practices to deliver sustainable cost, efficiency and promote workmen health and wellness.
• Promote and implement human resources development practices to ensure respect, improve loyalty and enhanced relationship between workmen.
• Provide leadership and support for the entire team to achieve sectional goals.
• Commission and handover instrumentation, associated control, networking and cabling systems to also comply with the requirements of AGAG’s Quality Assurance and Quality Control.
• Manage the development, co-ordination, performance, management, maintenance, and improvement of mining infrastructure works at specified locations and on allocated projects
• Ensure accurate and timely reporting standards are maintained throughout the project(s)
• Coordinate with project team and site management on status, significant trends, and changes of approved projects.
• Establish the working relationship with operations management needed to facilitate the coordination and execution of project work, such that the operational impact is minimized.
• Ensure safety and QA/QC programs are established by all parties and maintained and conduct reviews of detailed design, drawing and specifications
• Assist with project QA/QC and commissioning systems and documentation
• Maintain effective and on-going communications with construction and contractor management teams
• Assist in developing plans for progress and growth, including best practice and technology
• Manage risk, including monitor performance against targets, to achieve maximum profitability by providing savings in operational costs
• Identify in a timely manner all current and potential risks to the success of access rehabilitation, stripping, construction and development (where necessary) activities utilizing the established Risk Management System, identifying activities and strategies to eliminate, manage or mitigate these risks Qualification Required & Experience
• BSc. in Mining Engineering or equivalent Experience
• 6-8 years post-graduate experience in mining projects and or mine planning
• Good user of mining software – Surpac, AutoCAD, Studio 5Dp, etc.
• Mine Captain certificate will be an advantage Technical Competencies
• A great multi-tasker who is organized and able to excel in a fast-paced environment
• High level of computer skills including MS Word and Excel
• Exposure to project scheduling software packages
• Ability to continuously improve the processes used by the team in delivering outputs
• Detail oriented to understand complex systems, and recognition that a minor error can cause major problems
• Able to manage performance based on interpretation of data and can initiate and drive the operational improvements as required. Other Competencies
• Sound analytical, planning, implementation and supervision skills
• Ability to keep track of many workers, schedules, and budgets all at once
• Take ownership of personal development.
• Build effective working relationships and maintain effective collateral and cross functional working relationship.
• Display high levels of integrity and honesty.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. Location:
Obuasi How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form. Click Here To Apply Online Closing Date:
31 March, 2022