The Encyclopaedia Africana Project invites applications from suitably qualified Ghanaians to fill a vacant position at the Project Secretariat in Accra The Position:
Senior Research Officer / Editor Job Purpose
• The Senior Research Officer/Editor will be responsible for providing a high level of research and editing support to the Research and Proposal Development teams by undertaking duties related to a variety of projects with a strong focus on producing high-quality articles and data collation for publication both online and in print. Main Duties & Responsibilities
• Deliver on particular work strands relating to specific projects including writing and editing of articles for content and publication.
• Plan the content for publications according to the Project’s publication style, editorial policy, and publishing requirements,
• Exercise editorial quality control measures on articles submitted for publication,
• Work closely with others as part of a team and with external stakeholders to assemble, edit, manage relationships and deliver work on deadlines;
• As assigned, will serve as a primary proposal writer, use writing skills to transform technical content and conceptual design into polished proposals that are responsive to donor guidelines,
• Prepares progress reports against annual work plans and recommend changes to activities as appropriate to achieve programme objectives;
• Any other duties as required. Qualification Required & Experience
• A Master’s degree in Humanities, English, Publishing Studies, Communication Studies, or other related fields from a recognized tertiary institution with a minimum of 5 years continuous or combined experience in research and publishing.
• An understanding of publishing production is required.
• Strong writing, editing, proofreading and oral communication skills, with proven ability to write clear and concise reports. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
All application letters should be addressed to; The Ag. Director Encyclopaedia Africana Project P. O. Box 2797 Accra
Together with a detailed CV. copies of certificates and contact details of three (3) Referees should be submitted strictly via Email: [email protected] Closing Date:
19 November, 2021