AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Senior Ventilation Engineer. ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
Plan, manage and ensure an occupational environment that is conducive to good health and productivity. The Senior Ventilation Engineer will be responsible for Ventilation planning & survey, statutory monitoring and reporting, supervising ventilation constructions/fans, etc. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES: Health, Safety and Environment
• Ensure conducive work environment such that contaminants and environmental stressors are below occupational exposure limits.
• Provide safe and conducive work environment by ensuring adequate ventilation in all working areas.
• Ensure compliance in areas of Mine ventilation and Occupational Health as per Ghana Mining Regulations. Strategic
• Prepare and be accountable for the planning of mine ventilation works, including the placement of secondary fans, the siting and design of regulators and stoppings and the sealing of stopes so as to deliver the required minimum quantities of fresh air to scheduled working places.
• Plan and be accountable for the outputs from monthly ventilation surveys
• Prepare and issue Ventilation Work Instructions (stope & development blast, construction, etc.)
• Identify business improvement opportunities within the work area.
• Have ownership and be responsible for ventilation network planning and survey at the Care and maintenance areas of the mine Personnel
• Ensure that ventilation work instructions are issued to the mining team weekly
• Work with the Mine Captains and Supervisors to get ventilation works carried out in a timely manner and to the specified standard of quality Meetings, Reviews and Communication
• Communicate the Short-Medium Term ventilation planning to all mining team.
• Provide technical advice to mine operation on ventilation system deviations/deficiencies and solutions Audit, Controls, Quality and Compliance
• Prepare and submit statutory ventilation reports
• Have ownership and be accountable for issuing blasting time and input ventilation information into ventilation log book for statutory requirements. Qualification Required & Experience
• A Bachelor Degree or equivalent tertiary qualifications in a relevant (mining) engineering discipline. Experience
• At least 3 years’ experience in underground ventilation engineering.
• Knowledge in ventilation planning and collecting ventilation data (primary and secondary survey). Legal requirements
• Blasting Certificate
• Mine Rescue Certificate Technical Competencies
• Knowledge in Ventsim Software/VUMA Software
• Knowledge in Mine planning software preferably Studio5D Planner/Surpac
• Knowledge in AutoCAD Leadership Competencies
• Demonstrated capacity to make sound and timely decisions, by quickly assembling the facts to develop action priorities
• Strong interpersonal, influencing, communication and motivating skills.
• Lead by example, displaying technical and managerial leadership.
• Professional approach to maintaining contractor, authority and client relationships.
• Able to work harmoniously with a diverse array of personnel.
• Mentor and develop personnel.
• Build and maintain effective working relationships, with a range of stakeholders.
• Displaying high levels of integrity and honesty;
• Goal-orientated self-starter.
• Good interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Maximise performance, solving problems and analysing issues to ensure best for project outcomes.
• Must have managed people in similar role for at least 2 years Location:
Obuasi How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form. Click Here To Apply Online Closing Date:
30 July, 2020