Golden Star (Wassa) Limited a subsidiary of Golden Star Resource (GSR) with head office in Toronto, Canada is a gold mining company situated in Akyempim in the Wassa East District of the Western Region. A vacancy exists at the Underground Mining Department for the position of: Senior Ventilation Engineer Job Purpose:
To manage and control underground ventilation systems in conformity with the a ppwpi late regulations and laws. Main Duties:
• Still be the legally appointed person to cover the mine ventilation in underground.
• Conduct primary and secondary ventilation surveys which will include but not limited to airflow measurement, gas, dust, diesel emissions and heat load surveys.
• To assist in the preparation of weekly, monthly and quarterly Ventilation Report (Font' 23) to the Inspectorate.
• To prepare mid-year and end-of-year Ventilation Plans for the Mine and the Inspectorate.
• To assess and monitor Fans, Fire Doors,Ventilation Doors, and Regulators and ensure proper auxiliary Ventilation is maintained.
• To assist in the preparation of Exemption /Change of LTV Reports to Inspectorate and monitor workings under exemption.
• To update and maintain computerised ventilation simulation (VentSim) model with surveyed ventilation information.
• Prepare construction schedules for ventilation related infrastructure and preparation of ventilation construction drawings for the work.
• Maintain a fan registry and responsibility for fan issues, new orders and
• Ensuring the timely preparation of blasting time sheets on monthly basis as per the Ghanaian mining regulation.
• Liaise with the Training Section to train engineering junior ventilation engineers and mining staff in mine ventilation, as well as personnel on short time programmes (National Service,GraduateTrainees,ete) assigned to the department.
• Providing support to underground operations team on headings and scope
• management in order to ensure optimal operating ventilation system.
• Recommend and supervise the construction of mine ventilation controls
• Ensure optimum le-entry times and efficiency of operations undergrottml
• Responsible for reviewing long-term new mining projects,desigaing and optimising proposed systems in order to reduce LOM mine ventilation infrastructure and operating cost.
• Undertake troubleshooting and project works as
• Perform other legitimate duties that will be assigned from time to time Qualification Required & Experience Requirements
• Bachelor of Science in Mining Engineering or related discipline
• A minimum of eight (RAO) years in Ventilation Engineering practice.
• Excellent user of VentSim modelling software and other related Softwares
• Excellent user of Surpac and AutoCAD Softwares
• Excellent computer skills with expertise in Power Point,Word, Excel etc.
• Certification in mine ventilation
• Intermediate Certification in Mine Environmental Control will be an advantage
• Master's degree will be an advantage but not a requirement Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Good organisational skills
• Attention to details
• Good interpersonal skills with high degree of teamwork
• Good communication (oral & written) skills
• Proven commitment and integrity
• Good report wilting and analytical skills Values
• Sense of urgency and collaboration Behavioural competencies
• Customer focus
• Teamwork and cooperation
• Analytical thinking
• Problem solving
• Proactiveness Remuneration:
This position goes with a very competitive salary package and other fringe benefits Location:
Western Region How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants should submit their applications with CVs,copies of certificates and other relevant documents to: [email protected]
or the address below: The HR & Administration Manager Golden Star (WASSA) LIMITED P.M.B. TARKWA Closing Date:
14 June, 2019
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.