Job Vacancy For Service Desk Engineer
• The successful candidate will join our team as a Service Desk Engineer in the IT Department.
• (S)He will report to the Business Support Lead and will assist in the delivery of fast and useful first-line technical assistance on all AT applications and service desk tools. Also, communicate effectively with all stakeholders during incident management by understanding the problem and explaining its solution.
• Provide expert networking assistance, ensuring connectivity and resolving network-related issues.
• Conduct daily checks on IT systems, monitoring performance, security, and backups for optimal efficiency.
• Offer hardware and printing services support, resolving hardware issues, and coordinating with vendors for upgrades.
• Administer Active Directory, handling account creation, password resets, and user management.
• Ensure compliance with security policies and implement necessary AD adjustments.
• Serve as the primary Office 365 administrator, managing user accounts, licenses, and access permissions.
• Configure and optimize O365 applications such as Exchange Online, SharePoint, and Teams.
• Tailor IT support services to meet the specific needs of each regional shop.
• Ensure efficient user account creation, aligning with organizational requirements and security protocols.
• Maintain open and regular communication with regional shops, providing updates on IT initiatives and offering ongoing support.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Extensive experience in same or similar position.
• Microsoft Certified Professional
• ITIL certification is an advantage.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science engineering (or related technical discipline)
• 2-4 years of relevant experience in end-user support technical customer support with a strong customer interaction experience
Good debugging skills
• Passion to be a part of a hardworking and winning team.
• Willing to work in a 24x7 environment and provide weekend coverage.
• Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent ability to learn and articulate software-related and technical concepts.
• Strong active listening skills and excellent written and oral communications skills
• Excellent Customer Service Orientation
• Strong attention to detail when communicating with customers (verbal & written)
• Ability to empathize with customers and convey confidence.
• Strong documentation skills
• Working knowledge of SQL, Java related technologies
• Familiar with working on Windows 2003/Windows 2008, or Linux-based distributions (preferably within a hosting environment)
• A keen interest in networking and WAN technology
• Must be able to demonstrate a customer-first approach to support.
• The ability to liaise and communicate confidently and professionally with customer representatives at all levels.
• Natural aptitude for troubleshooting & problem-solving.
• Have solid experience in a helpdesk or technical support environment.
• Highly organized and able to work on own initiative to complete the range of tasks required.
• Flexible and willing to work outside core business hours as required.
• Must also be customer-oriented and patient to deal with difficult users.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested and qualified applicants should send their Applications & Curriculum Vitae to:
Kindly indicate the role you are applying for in the email subject.
Closing Date: 16 February, 2024
Ready to be part of our dynamic and innovative team? At AT, we enhance the value of our employees by providing long-term growth and opportunities in an ever-evolving work environment. Our values are at the core of what we do and represents who we are, Simplicity, Transparency and Relevance. Initiate your journey to be part of our world-class team and experience a rewarding career.