ROLE PROFILE TITLE:
SewingCenter Manager – 3 Positions LOCATION:
Tano North, Asutifi North and Birim North District DURATION:
6months with renewal based on continued funding Level:
Competitive Pay Closing Date:
February 14, 2022 Overview
• PYXERA Global is seeking a Center Manager to join its Ghana team and support theimplementation of the Women Economic Resiliency Program.The Center Managerwill be key team member of PYXERA Global team. S/he will manage the sewing center under the Women Economic Resiliency Program in Tano North, Asutifi North and Birim North Municipal and Districts by overseeing the operational activities of the training center including quality control, equipment and inventory, collaborations with participating garment producers and suppliers. The Center Manager will also support the development and implementation of training center strategies and initiatives that reflect the program and center goals.
• The purpose of this role is to ensure high-quality training (including workshops and events) in all aspects (identification, selection, planning, implementation, reporting, monitoring and evaluation) relevant to the garment and dressmakers capacity building and job creation activities.
• S/heis highly organized, detail-oriented, proactive, and can coordinate multiple projects/activities simultaneously, with an interest in MSMEs training and the evaluation of such trainings.
• Proven track record to develop and lead the implementation of training plans and activities, facilitate organizational learning and change management.
• Must have a track record in delivery of high-quality trainings, workshops, events and related activities in garment, textile and fashion sector.
• Demonstrated presentation skills that can influence decision makers and foster organizational change strategies, and experience implementing them within MSMES operational setting.
• S/he must be familiar with MSME resilience, managing market shocks and/or volatility, supply chain management, diversity and/or equity and inclusion (especially of women), evaluation reporting and creation of quality communications and related materials to promote program activities. Key Responsibilities
• Prepare business plans that support the day-to-day management of the center and adhere to budget.
• Coordinate with trainers and instructors to deliver specific trainings targeted at dressmakers and garment producers at the center.
• Lead end-to-end performance and learning of training programs that span over multiple areas administered in-house and by consultants aimed at building the capacity and capability of MSMEs.
• S/he will work with partners and MSMEs to capture knowledge (success and lessons learned) and lead the integration of learnings (such as technical standards, processes, and protocols, etc.) into the program.
• The center officer would also lead the identification of new leads and off-takers of products and services by the center.
• Control and follow up the Sampling, Cutting, Sewing, Finishing and Quality Controlof products.
• To follow up the maintenance of Garments Machines, tools, and other Equipments.
• Have to maintain a plan to achieve relevant targets as per program activities.
• Ability to follow up the maintenance of Garments Machines, tools, and other Equipments.
• Capable to supervise, guide, control and motivate workers.
• Keep Record for pre-production and post-production meeting.
• Review orders and maintain shipment schedule.
• Any other works as and when required by the management. Qualification Required & Experience Required
• HND/ Bachelors/ Master’s degree in a relevant field, such as: garment, textiles and fashion, social science,Instructional Design, Organizational Behavior, Educational fields, or related equivalent work experience in complex international development programs in the garment and textile sector.
• Three or more years of managing training and production center relating to garments and textiles.
• Extensive knowledge of Training Needs Assessments, Instructional Design, and Adult Learning.
• Demonstrated knowledge and use of a TLMs and/or other training tracking systems. Highly Desired
• Knowledge of current trends and best practice in the broader area of organizational and competency-based learning in garment and textile sector.
• Collaborative spirit in working with teammates and partners.
• Effective in written, verbal communication in English and presentation skills.
• Knowledge of quality assurance in garment and textile productions, communications, reporting, information outreach and dissemination through newsletter and social media.
• Females and residents of Tano North,Asutifi North and Birim North Districts are highly encouraged to apply. Location:
Tano North, Asutifi North and Birim North District How To Apply For The Job
Send CV and cover letter to: [email protected]
Please note only shortlisted candidates would be contacted. Closing Date:
14 February, 2022