AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Shaft Supervisor.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
• The Shaft Supervisor is accountable for coordinating the work, training, monitoring and control of quality, of cage operators and shaft maintenance technicians to ensure the operation is at all times fully compliant with LI2182, safe, and compliant with operational and Engineering policies, standards, systems and procedures to maximise plant availability in a compliant, safe and sustainable cost-effective manner to meet the business’ strategic objective.
• Accountable for Shaft maintenance team in Statutory Inspections of Shafts, Transporting and Slinging of Materials and all other shaft related jobs in accordance/compliance with LI2182.
• Plan Safety Management elements for the areas under the incumbent’s control
• Review safety standards and work practices for the operating driver training and work processes to enable the safety targets to be managed and achieved.
• Lead by example to create a safe working environment, where risks are assessed and managed, so tasks are performed without risk of injury or harm.
• Ensure zero reportable environmental incidents, zero compliance breaches and no events requiring public disclosure
• Investigate process interruptions using ‘Analyse and Improve’ tools
• Ensure reduced energy usage by running the mine energy consumption per unit produced at the optimal rate within sphere of influence
• Execute timely completion of shaft maintenance
• Review, approve and sign off the shaft maintenance team items detailed in the Refurbishment Execution Plan and schedule, infrastructure detailed design requirements, detailed testing plans, operational commissioning plans, handover plans, training plans, manuals, records, drawings, specifications and documents issued.
• Deliver shaft maintenance items consistent with the legal compliance required in the refurbishment plan and commencement of operations stages
• Comply with reporting processes for managing shaft maintenance that meet cost, schedule and quality expectations consistent with the scope and quality contained in the Feasibility Study within area of accountability.
• Proactively control the training and qualifications process to avoid potential project cost and schedule overruns, whilst maintaining safety, budget, schedule and quality targets.
• Communicate accurate and timely qualified driver schedule delivery, progress, cost and quality information in the area of accountability
• Use the systems for the winding department to provide effective planning of work, efficient and safe work practices, monitoring of performance and promote continuous improvement.
• Verify and report the standard of shaft maintenance during the Phase1 & 2 Operations.
• Monitor and ensure the shaft maintenance and refurbishment work is of a standard that is compliant, supports the operational requirements of the equipment and is at optimum cost
• Identify sub-standard work practices, identify root cause and eliminate by corrective action.
• Task subordinates in line with requirements for achieving the agreed production plan
• Control delivery of shaft maintenance to the approved budget whilst proposing solutions to adapt to unforeseen circumstances and identify and discuss opportunities to exceed annual budget and action authorized changes
• Verify that the shaft refurbishment remains within the approved project schedule, achieving all critical intermediate milestones.
• Develop and maintain the shaft maintenance portion of the Shaft Engineering Management Plan, as a key Project Execution Plan sub plan for the area of accountability
• Review and input into relevant plans such as Health, Safety, Quality and Commissioning.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Maintenance Engineering, or an equivalent
• Winder Trainer Certification to permit training of Winder Drivers under LI2182
• An experienced Winder Operations Specialist/Trainer with over 5 years’ experience in underground mining
• Experience of training winder drivers from scratch to compliant certification
• Experience in Project Management
• Knowledge of SAP Skills module
• Winding engine driver's certificate of competency issued by the Chief Inspector of Mines in accordance with LI2182
• Strong Winder and Shaft Operations competencies in underground mining
• Excellent knowledge of requirements of LI2182
• Sound project management skills
• Detail oriented to understand complex systems, and recognition that a minor error can cause major problems
• Demonstrated understanding of good Engineering practices and the implementation of proactive maintenance strategies.
• Excellent skills in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Project and Excel
• Must be able to communicate about technical issues both orally and in writing
• Legally astute with respect to project delivery and maintenance systems
• Knowledge in AGA standards
• Build and sustain a team of subordinates capable of producing those outputs;
• Continuously improve the processes used by the team in delivering outputs;
• Model work behaviors for your subordinates,
• Consistent with the company values
• Proven ability to initiate and drive the construction project through its life cycle.
• Support and motivate the construction project team to deliver the project goals.
• Find innovative solutions through creative thinking and problem solving.
• Create an environment of teamwork and willingness to help coworkers
• Able to work with different kinds of people
• Organizational skills to keep track of many workers, schedules, and budgets all at once.
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Click Here To Apply Online
02 July, 2020