Facility Manager – GE Kojokrom Facility – Genser Energy Ghana Ltd Subordinates:
The Shift Charge Engineer Ensures the safe, reliable and efficient operation of the coal storage facility to propel a decrease in turnaround time, while maintaining particular emphasis on safety of personnel / facility, availability, efficiency and protection of the environment. RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assists the Facility Manager and Project Team to develop As-built Constructions & operating drawings, and ensure that manuals are available and updated to reflect station current condition
• Supports the Facility Manager to provide the needed inputs and specifications for all Purchase & Service Order Agreements related to operations consumables such as chemicals and fuels
• Participates in the development of operating targets to be incorporated in the business plan for the station in accordance with business needs and ensure successful implementation
• Supervises the implementation of operating procedures and activities such that they are in compliance with all pre-approved and acceptable HS&E, Engineering, Corporates rules and standards
• Participates in the development of and staffing of the Operating Team.
• Implements training and development programs for subordinate Operating staff in line with technical and business needs.
• Supervises the Operating staff, Facility and resources in line with agreed operations and business strategies.
• Motivates subordinate staff and develop systems to improve teamwork and work relationship.
• Carries out performance appraisal of subordinate staff.
• Ensures the highest safety standards and procedures apply at all times and that all operating, mechanical and electrical safety rules are also complied with.
• Acts as Senior Authorized/Control Person under the safety rules, in respect of switching & isolation, and preparation, issuing and cancellation of safety documents.
• Coordinates the daily work schedule of subordinate shift staff.
• Logs operations information and prepares relevant incidence reports
• Monitors and operates the Power Plant
• Implements authorized operational procedures under the safety rules in respect of switching, isolation and issuance/cancellation of permit to work. Liaises with our client in respect of the following;
• Check Coal system conditions and stability
• Applications for outage on equipment
• Issuance and cancellation of permit to work
• Restoration of the coal plant and equipment after the outage and cancellation of Permit to Work
• Logs plant defects in the Maintenance, defects and miscellaneous Items log book and complete fault reports on the causes and consequences of plant/equipment faults
• Carries out control room operations and procedures in respect of switching, isolation and issuance/cancellation of permit to work in accordance with established Standard protection Codes and safety rules and guidelines
• Oversees the receipt of Fuel/Coal by Road Trucks and monitors the transfer, processing / treatment of the Fuel/coal.
• Assists with all maintenance functions e.g. planning and planned maintenance
• Carries out any other duties that may be assigned to you from time to time by the Facility Manager. Qualification Required & Experience
• BSc. Degree in Electrical, Civil, Mechanical, Chemical and Petrochemical Engineering
• A minimum of four (4) years’ experience in operations and maintenance of power or heavy process engineering plant.
• Willingness to undertake further training as required.
• Ability to operate flexible work practices to achieve optimum results.
• Experience and competence in coal plant technology, systems and procedures
• Knowledge in the implementation of ISO 9000, 14000, 18000 norms
• Knowledge of international standards: OSHA, ANSI, NFPA, IEC, IEEE ASME etc.
• Good communications / inter-personal skills, self-motivated, with the ability to manage people and resources with optimum effectiveness
• Ability to manage technical issues in a continually changing business environment
• Capability of significant autonomy in decision making in regard to personnel and technical matters. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Qualified candidates should send their resume to: [email protected] Closing Date:
18 November, 2015