Keegan Resources Ghana Ltd. ("KRGl") is a fully-owned subsidiary of Asanko Gold Inc., a company which is building the Asanko Gold Mine, Ghana's next gold mine. The vision of Asanko is to become a mid-tier gold mining company that maximizes value for all stakeholders.
• Directs, maintains and enforces the safety and environmental programs for a plant shift or day crew;
• Communicates and interacts directly with the process plant maintenance and Services team to coordinate operations in all process plant areas;
• Manages and controls plant shift or day crew plant so as to implement effective operational work practices in all process areas;
• Develops, implements and monitors short term plans, budgets, goals and objectives, and focus on achieving the department’s objectives;
• Ensures that plant operations staff are adequately trained, equipped and motivated to ensure achievement of plant operation in a safe, timely and cost effective manner;
• Reviews the operation of plant equipment and systems constantly, to minimize unplanned downtime, anticipate and solve problems in a timely manner, and identify opportunities for improvement;
• Ensures Minerals Commission and other regulatory requirements relating to the process plant and/or TSF operation are met at all times;
• Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Unit Manager – Plant Operations, to whom this position reports.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Degree or HND in Metallurgical Engineering, or equivalent qualification from a recognised tertiary institution;
• Certificate of Competency (Supervisor &/or Superintendent) issued by Minerals Commission of Ghana;
• Minimum of 10 years experience in process plant operations & supervision; with extensive crushing, milling (SAG & ball mills), thickening, CIL, carbon treatment (acid wash, elution & regeneration), reagents handling, gold room & TSF experience preferred;
• Problem solving and decision making skills;
• Ability to apply knowledge of standards, methods and procedures to work situation;
• Dynamic knowledge and understanding of process plant operating practices;
• Strong organisational and interpersonal skills;
• Good computer skills, with working knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel;
• Medically fit for the position and environment;
• Valid Ghanaian Driver’s license.
How To Apply For The Job
Application Process When applying, please follow the guidelines below to maximise the success of your application:
• Include an introductory paragraph in your covering letter explaining why you believe you are suited to the role you are applying for
• Limit your CV to 4 pages
• Your CV must include demographic detail, qualifications, work experience and a minimum of two referees
• List your most recent positions first
• Include copies of relevant, original certificates and academic records Applications, together with detailed curriculum vitae and proof of qualifications, should be submitted by the deadline date to:
Unit Manager – HR Administration,
Keegan Resources (Ghana) Ltd.
No. 4, Sir ArkuKorsah Road,
Airport Residential Area,
P. O. Box CT 6153,
23 September, 2015
Please note: only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.