A reputable construction company in Ghana offers the following positions: Site Engineer (Roads & Bridges) Job Description
• The Site Engineer plays a technical, organisational and supervisory role on construction and operations projects.
• As part of the site management team, the site engineer liaises with and works alongside engineers, construction managers, foremen, planners, surveyors and subcontractors. Responsibilities Under the supervision of the Project Manager, the Project Engineer (Roads & Bridges) shall be responsible for performing the following duties:
• Conduct engineering surveys for the selected roads and other structures including bridges:
• Provide inputs into the design process, prepare the Bill of Quantities as per the final design drawings and calculate the final quantities.
• Assess the work activities for which labour-based construction methods are appropriate and for those sections for which heavy machinery is appropriate,
• Establish a cost estimate for the rehabilitation and construction works for roads & bridges
• Assist in the preparation of tender documents and evaluation of tenders and the preparation and finalization of contracts for sub-contractors;
• Make any necessary changes to the design drawings as per the site conditions
• Develop geometric design from the survey results using AutoCAD, Civil CAD and/or other appropriate programmes
• Review the hydrological and drainage designs and modify as per the project requirements on site
• Supervise sub-contractors on site, ensuring that the works meet the highest standards expected by the Employer's technical standard guidelines
• Monitor construction and rehabilitation works, including environmental mitigation and safety plans in accordance with contractual agreements
• Review the contractor's work programmes, resource, schedule and project implementation plans and ensure that the contractors/site supervisors comply with their work plans and complete the work within the specified time frame
• Ensure all works, undertaken by the contractor and/or his agent are of good quality as per specifications and with approved quality materials
• Assess and evaluate the contractors performance and resources
• Provide clear written and verbal instructions to sub-contractors representative on site and effectively and quickly resolve any project-related problems or issues causing delay
• Be able to prepare the drafts for contractual correspondence, interpret the contract conditions and specifications, monitor the progress of work be able to prepare work plans, minutes of meetings, etc Qualification Required & Experience
• A Master’s degree in an infrastructure related field such as civil or transportation engineering, and construction management or similar is required.
• Minimum of 15 years of relevant experience in coordination, planning and managing of works in design and construction field is required.
• Experience of administering FIDIC contract documents, preferably cortified through FIDIC training courses is an asset.
• Experience in engaging with local authorities, local sub-contractors and dealing with community is preferable.
• Proficiency in AutoCAD, Microsoft Access, databases and internet.
• Ability to draft various types of reports. Experience, working for Contractor on-site will be an added advantage. Location:
Ahafo Region How To Apply For The Job
Email the items below to: [email protected]
with the job title as the subject line:
• Letter of Interest/Cover Letter
• References (3 or more) Closing Date:
13 January, 2022