Advans Ghana Savings and Loans Limited
Banking / Finance
Job Vacancy For SME Officer At Advans Ghana Savings and Loans Limited
The institution is a rapidly growing international Savings & Loans Company with over 12 Branches in Ghana.
The SME Officer provides functional support to the Branch Network in the development of the SME portfolio for the various markets. She/He will liaise with Branch Management to build, manage and sustain a portfolio of SME and corporate clients and to develop long term relationships, founded on efficient and reliable service delivery and support for banking needs.
He/she is a member of the Loan Committee for SME clients and can decide according to the delegation that was given to him/her by the Operations Department.
These include the following tasks and activities;
• Analyse operational environment and internal factors to propose business plan in collaboration with the relevant supporting units (i.e. Marketing, Training, etc)
• Periodically review results of acquisition strategies and effects the necessary changes where applicable. Focus on achieving set objectives of the SME business plan on a monthly basis
• Support prospecting and communication actions in the intervention areas of the branch network; ensuring SME is factored in the planning and implementation of the actions. Also, by participating personally to such actions notably when they involve market authorities, representatives of association or other informal group leaders among clientele
• Provide the basis and support for definition of SME Client Relationship Officers’ objectives
• Review and ensure the Client Relationship Officers gather relevant client information for conducting good credit analysis and prepare reasonable proposals for decision making. Ensure pre-discussions of SME loan applications with Client Relationship Officers to better understand client needs
• Facilitate the Preparation of regular schedule for client visits before and after loan committee meetings. Ensure all post-disbursement conditions are met within the stipulated time frame. Facilitate all SME loan committees whenever necessary
• Be involved in ensuring effective methodology and skill transfer to the Branch Network. This will include training, follow-up and & coaching of Branch staff;
• Institute measures to identify and provide solutions to customer complaints in consultation with the appropriate Branch managers, departments or staff, to sustain general service quality at the branches.
• Ensure that branches workflow, structures and setup support good customer orientation for SME clients.
• Ensure particularly that a sufficient time is devoted to field visits to clients, in order to confirm their existence, the reality of their businesses, and to assess that the overall documentation on the clients is accurate and comprehensive, with particular attention to any potential or current loan
• Overall, to identify and analyse any potential issue that may hamper the development of SME activity, to refer to and propose to management possible solutions
Qualification Required & Experience
• At least an HND in Business Administration Accounting, Finance and or related field.
• A minimum of 2 years post-qualification experience in the field of SME portfolio management. Experience in a similar position will be an advantage.
• Practical knowledge of credit Officer job / small business and market environment is required.
• Applicants will be required to exhibit good analytical and problem solving skills. He/She must have good interpersonal and communication skills. He/She must be a team player.
• Successful candidate MUST have good report writing and presentation skills.
How To Apply For The Job
Email application and Cover letter to:
Closing Date: 10 October, 2015