AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking experienced and self-motivated person to join our team as: SOCIO DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
• The Social Development Officer is to assist the Social Development and Gender Superintendent to implement sustainable social development programmes in line with existing Socio-economic Development Plans of the Obuasi Mine, underpinned by the Sustainable Development Goals; Environment, Social, and Governance (ESG) criteria and National and Local Development Plans to contribute to building resilient and self-sustaining communities and consequently sustainably securing a social license for the mine.
• Assess risks for all tasks and ensure they are controlled before and during task execution.
• Report all incidents and ensure they have been investigated and corrective actions completed on time.
• Act on all corrective actions assigned to you or under your jurisdiction and ensure timely completion.
• Ensure compliance with Safety KPIs including, reporting all incidents and acting on all corrective actions assigned for timely completion.
• Enforce environmental work procedures issued by the Departmental Manager.
• Investigate environmental incidents in assigned work areas.
• Attend all scheduled and assigned environmental training meetings.
• Implement needs-driven and impactful Education improvements programmes at the basic, secondary, and tertiary levels in collaboration with the relevant institutions and stakeholders.
• Implement needs-driven and impactful Youth Empowerment programmes in collaboration with the relevant institutions and stakeholders.
• Implement needs-driven and impactful Community Health and Safety programmes in collaboration with the relevant institutions and stakeholders
• Implement needs-driven and impactful Community Water and Sanitation programmes
• Assist in the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of needs-driven and impactful Social Infrastructure projects in host communities.
• Assist in the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of needs-driven and impactful Arts, Culture and Heritage interventions
Qualification Required & Experience
• Relevant tertiary level qualification in the field of social development
• At least 3 years’ experience in similar line of work
• Practical experience in the implementation of social development programmes/projects in a mining setting
• Experience in participatory methodologies and their application
• Knowledge of SDGs and EESG and their application in programme development
• Knowledge of internationally applicable standards relevant to sustainable development (IFC standards on Social Sustainability, VPSHR, GEITI etc.)
• A good knowledge of shared value-driven community investment
• Strong negotiations skills
• Knowledge of the development planning process of the MMDAs
• Ability to work in a team player
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Click Here To Apply Online
20 February, 2023