The software developer will be the high-level designer and administrator of the GNHR MIS. He/she will be responsible for designing, coding and modifying, testing and installing of software, from layout to function and according to GNHR MIS specifications. Strive to create visually appealing software that feature user-friendly design and clear navigation.
In the discharge of his/her duties, the Software Developer will perform the following duties:
• Evaluate, assess and recommend software solutions
• Develop GNHR MIS, architecture, detailed specifications and technical interfaces
• Develop user interfaces and client displays
• Design, initiate and handle technical designs and complex application features
• Develop, deliver and test software prototypes
• Build flexible data models and seamless integration points
• Innovate and develop high-value technology solutions to streamline processes
• Initiate and drive major changes in programs, procedures and methodology
• Coordinate with other developers and software professionals
• Test the software in controlled, real situations before going live
• Preparation of training manuals for users
• Maintaining the systems once they are up and running
• Work closely with Web Developer and Systems Analyst
• In coordination with Systems Analyst develop and implement computer application systems, modules and any software components needed to support GNHR programmes and projects.
• Develop system and module graphical interfaces, web modules, database modules, application reports and statistics, and any software components needed to deliver complete and functional applications systems required by the GNHR.
• Perform all necessary software maintenance, including coding, testing, debugging, upgrading and modifications of software requested by the management.
• Develop and maintain system and software documentation in order to facilitate maintenance and upgrade activities.
• Provide the necessary technical support and work on a team basis to all members of the MIS team to accomplish the software development and
• implementation tasks requested by the Management.
• Practice test and production environments segregation.
• The Web Developer will report to the Systems Analyst and prepare and submit quarterly reports accordingly.
Duration of Assignment
• The contract will last for one (1) year initially, but renewable for a second year subject to satisfactory performance.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A Bachelor's degree (4 years) in Computer Sciences (CS] or a related field.
• At least 4+ years working experience as Software Developer or Systems
• Engineer on enterprise level projects in organisations preferably CMMI or equivalent certified.
• Extensive Web & Windows Services & Encryption experience in .Net/Java application development Framework.
• Proven database programming experience with PL SQL (1+ year), SQL / Optimisation, Oracle / SQL Server (large scale systems).
• The candidate must have prior experience in taking over & enhancement of legacy code intensive applications.
• Knowledge and experience using the Oracle/enterprise level database platform will be preferred.
• ProfiCient in web development and design (HTML, CSS, Java Script, AJAX, ASP .NET, C#, JSP).
• Strong knowledge of Application design and environment.
• Analytical thinking and research skills
• Strong OOP development experience
How To Apply For The Job
Interested candidate should send CVs to:-
National Coordinator, National Targeting Unit
Ministry of Gender, Children and Social Protection
P. O. Box MBO 186
07 January, 2016
• PLEASE INDICATE CLEARLY THE TITLE OF THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR ON THE ENVELOPE
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.