• He/she will actively support the assigned students to ensure that a strong commitment to improving academic and social achievement of students with disabilities is evident.
• The special education facilitator collaborates with appropriate individuals so that the educational needs of students with disabilities are appropriately addressed. Job Description
• Supports, mentors, and models best practice instructional strategies and techniques.
• Exhibits a strong commitment to improving academic and social achievement for students with disabilities.
• Attends division and area facilitator/liaison meetings.
• Effectively communicates division procedures and best practices to site administration and staff through regular staff meetings.
• Facilitates staff development activities related to students with disabilities for administration, licensed, and support staff.
• Informs administration of special education concerns/issues that may be supervisory in nature.
• Ensures that students with disabilities are receiving a free and appropriate education.
• Assists parents in problem solving and acquiring the necessary knowledge and skills to support the development and implementation of their child’s Individualized Education Plan
• Provides staff with information on scientifically based instruction, positive behavioural supports.
• Monitors, on a regularly scheduled basis, confidential folders of students assigned to him/her.
• Maintains confidentiality and organization of records through observable procedures consistent with policies of the school.
• Collaborates with academic coordinator and administration when designing class schedules as it relates to students with disabilities.
• Works professionally with administrators, staffs, and parents.
• Participates in other job-related duties and activities related to the position, as assigned. POSITION EXPECTATIONS
• Demonstrate ability to support, mentor, and model best practice instructional strategies specifically designed for students with disabilities.
• Demonstrate strong knowledge of people with special need and procedures.
• Demonstrate strong knowledge of special education programs.
• Demonstrate effectiveness in planning, organizing, and coordinating meaningful activities for appropriate individuals and/or groups in a pleasant, professional manner.
• Exhibit proficiency.
• Lead professional development activities for staff as they relate to special education.
• Work cooperatively with students, parents, peers and administration.
• Maintain accurate and complete records on the assigned students.
• Participate as an active member with other staff members11. Maintain and improve professional competence.
• Communicate effectively both written and orally. Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum of a diploma in education.
• At least 1-3 years of experience
• Good communication skills
• Year 1 teacher must have a skill in ICT(CODING) and Basic design and technology. Special education need teacher:
Should have knowledge in SPECIAL EDUCATIONAL NEED/CHILD PSYCHOLOGY Location:
Achimota, Accra How To Apply For The Job
Interested candidate should send their CVs to: [email protected]
Or Call us on: 0553-577848 Closing Date:
26 May, 2021