Specialist, Circuit Switch Core Network Planning
MTN Level 2
Manager, Core Network Planning
• Responsible for coordinating network system and engineering activities towards ensuring that the organization’s managed services vendor enhances the network quality across all technologies. This includes network planning and performance monitoring, statistical reporting, data collection for network improvement, creation and customization of optimisation report, participate in network performance improvement projects, benchmark report analysis.
• Coordinate the implementation of an optimal and cost-effective Circuit switched Network for MTN Ghana, ensuring Mobile and fixed Data projects match the commercial requirements
• Analyse and provide reports on core network capacity utilization, user application/experience and critical upgrades on the Mobile and Fixed Networks.
• Monitor adherence to processes and procedures to ensure conformance to best practices, thereby identifying opportunities for improvements.
• Provide inputs into the Mobile and fixed Network planning process to achieve the set quality and key performance indicators (KPIs) targets.
• Coordinate vendor-related emergency maintenance on the Mobile and Fixed Network, through Work order releases and the necessary approval requests.
• Maintain standards for Mobile and Fixed Network access control and auditing, providing optimization and cost-effective input to the Circuit switched Network design.
• Responsible for constant tracking, monitoring and resolution of faults on the Mobile and Fixed Network.
• Responsible for implementation of change requests and planned work related to area as assigned.
• Understand the telecommunication industry trends, developments and their impact on MTN’s current and future business.
• Monitor performance statistics and generate weekly reports, providing monthly and quarterly progress updates on Mobile and fixed network.
• Ensure value is created from Customer engagement, Planning & Operational engagement process.
• Support relevant units to develop the required contractual documents for Mobile and Fixed Network projects, ensuring projects are implemented in accordance with the agreed plan and strategy
• Liaising with Managed Services provider to ensure that the Core Network is operated /managed according to Worlds Best Practice.
• Ensuring the end to end DRP of Core network is updated, maintained and tested with the Managed service provider
• Maintain the value of the core network assets.
• Interface with internal and external stakeholders and Global standardization bodies (ITU/3GPP/IEEE to ensure MTN Ghana’s network is abreast with new technologies, Products and Services.
• Providing inputs into the Core network planning and budgeting process.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum of BSc. Electronic/Telecommunications Engineering
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the telecom industry
• Experience in IP MPBN Networks design; Data network Protocols.
• Experience in Routing and Switching in the fixed and mobile network environments (IMS, 2/3/4G) preferably in a high-level support role in the Core Network.
• Experience in support of a multi-vendor Mobile and fixed Network and Enterprise environment, experience in virtual systems planning and design will be an added advantage.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in the 3GPP standards and Internet Protocol is required.
• Experience in SIP, ISDN, PABX, Voice over broadband, Vo-WiFi, VoLTE.
• Experience with network integration to multiple nodes
• Signalling/SIGTRAN network design and Optimisation
• 2 years’ experience with UNIX/LYNUX networks
• Experience with SOAP, RADIUS, SIGTRAN, ISUP interface protocols.
• Advanced IP Network Training
• Advanced Mobile/Fixed network Operational Training
• Advanced UNIX/LYNUX Training
• 2/3/4G networks design Principles
• Mobile/Fixed Data Network Vendor-related Courses (MSC, MGw, SBG, HLR, HSS, BRAS, AAA, etc)
• Good knowledge in network system technologies: MGw, MSC, SBG, IMS, AAA, HLR, HSS & EIR, in fixed and mobile converged network Standards and Technologies Network Planning & Network quality management
• Good knowledge of the Circuit switched networks architecture, topology, traffic routing, protocols and Interfaces in a 2/3/4G mobile networks, Vo-Wi-Fi and voice over Broadband networks.
• Adequate knowledge in Vendor management in a managed service
• Skill in analyzing circuit switched core network performance and design documents.
• Analytical skills
• Strong numeric ability
• Team player
• Good communication skills
• Interpersonal skills
How to Apply For the Job
Interested and qualified applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae by 7th May 2019 to:
Kindly indicate the Position in the email subject and note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
07 May, 2019