The International Institute of Tropical Agricultural
) is an international non-profit organization working with diverse partners to develop agriculture solutions to tackle hunger and poverty by reducing producer and consumer risks, enhancing crop quality and productivity, and generating wealth from agriculture in sub-Saharan Africa.
Description Of Job
IITA-Ghana is seeking to recruit qualified staff for the above position to generally oversee and organize the functioning of administration and support services and ensure that the logistical and administrative support required for research for development activities is effectively and efficiently provided to current IITA projects (e.g. Africa RISING) and other IITA projects that may become operative in the three northern regions of Ghana.
Proposed specific duties and responsibilities:
• Manages the day-to-day operational and administrative activities of the office
• Facilitates national staff hiring, contract preparation/administration, staff evaluation and remuneration review in liaison with IITA Regional Administrator for West Africa
• Leads procurements in co-ordination with IITA Supply Chain at Headquarters
• Supervises nationally recruited project staff based in the three northern regions
• Ensures maintenance of project vehicles, office and field equipment
• Advises the "Africa RISING" and other Project Co-ordinators and Scientists on all administrative and management matters in line with IITA policies and procedures
• Advises on legal issues in consultation with the IITA Regional Administrator, West Africa
• Facilitates visits to project sites by the donor(s), Project Co-ordinator, national and international project partners, and other official visitors
• Facilitates organisation of project meetings, review and planning workshops
• Supports the financial management of the project
• Assists with preparation of project implementation and reporting documents
• Performs any other official duties assigned by the Africa RISING Project Co-ordinator, the resident Project Scientist or the IITA Regional Administrator for West Africa
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor's Degree in either Administration, Development Planning, Human Resource Management
• A minimum of 5 years post qualification experience in a similar position in a reputable organization
• Good writing and verbal communication skills in English
• Proficiency in computer applications (MS Office)
• Good team player and adaptable to working in a multi-cultural team
• Excellent organizational skills
• Demonstrated experience in project management would be an advantage
How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants should send (1) a signed letter of interest in pdf file addressed to the Country Representative, IITA Ghana, and (2) Curriculum Vitae in pdf, both attached to an email with "Station Administrator Position - Nyankpala
" written in the subject line. The email should be sent to:-
Only applications adhering to the above application procedure will be accepted.
IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from women candidates.
18th August, 2012