Sub-contracts/Grants Officer Project Description:
The Resiliency in Northern Ghana (RING) project is a 5-year integrated project funded by the USAID Feed the Future (FtF) Initiative and is designed to contribute to Government of Ghana (GoG) efforts to sustainably reduce poverty and improve the nutritional status of vulnerable populations. The goal of RING is improved livelihoods and nutritional status of households in Ghana. Job Location:
Tamale, Ghana Reporting Relationship:
Sub-contracts/Grants Officer reports to Sub-contracts/Grants Specialist Major Duties and Responsibilities:
The Subcontracts/Grants Officer provides technical support for the RING project. His/her main duties shall include:
• Assisting in ensuring that all standard clauses are included, certifications and representations are signed, and proper documentation is included in each contract file indicating the process for selection, basis for analysis, and determination for subcontracts and grants under contracts (GUCs).
• Assisting in ensuring complete and accurate documentation of all grants, contracts, and procurement, and that all necessary tendering is completed in an open and transparent fashion.
• Support in monitoring the financial management of the subcontracts and grant under contracts (GUCs).
• Participating in the determination of key selection criteria for grantees according to established priority areas.
• Assist in providing guidance and feedback to grantees to ensure effective execution of programs.
• Assisting in conducting initial assessment and short –listing/evaluation of proposals.
• Assist in the development of solicitations documents.
• Support in the development of contracts for grantees and ensuring the inclusion of all relevant clauses.
The duties listed above are not inclusive of all duties on the RING project. Global Communities reserves the right to change and update the position descriptions at any time. Qualification Required & Experience
• Proficiency in English (written and verbal) and effective communication and interpersonal skills
• Efficiency, proactivity and teamwork in delivery of set targets within stipulated deadlines
• Punctuality, commitment to work ethics, and adaptive to change
• Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail;
• Master’s degree in business administration, public health, management, or equivalent degree
• At least 5 years of experience, at least 3 of which must be in sub-contracts/grants management and financial/operational systems
• Excellent analytical skills and ability to work with complex financial information;
• Ability to establish and sustain interpersonal and professional relationships with donor, international organizations and local CBOs;
• Substantial experience working with USAID-supported projects and knowledge of USAID financial regulations and procedure
• Ability to speak two Ghanaian languages (preferably Northern region dialects) is a plus Location:
Tamale How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants should send their CVs by email to:- [email protected] Closing Date:
01 December, 2015