To provide long term planning solutions to support the mining within the three year mining plan with respect to all the technical aspects of the mine planning process which include pit and dump optimization, pit and dump designs, production and cost scheduling, mining cost modelling and mine profitability analyses to enhance the profitability of the business.
• Prepare Mine Plans and Designs which allows operations to meet or exceed budget productivity and utilization rate. • Develop three (3) years long term mine plans and designs, incorporate and communicate sound mining engineering, geological and geotechnical considerations and concepts. :
• Prepare detailed and realistic monthly, quarterly/ annual production schedules in a timely and cost effective manner.
• Update and review long term plans and design to mitigate identified risk and incorporate new opportunities and challenges.
• Aid in the development of life of Mine Plans
• Assist in develop annual Mine Plans and aid in budgets development,
• Provide technical support to mining operations such that Mine performance is optimized while providing a framework for continuous operating improvement.
• Optimize efficiencies between Mine quality, scheduling, drilling & blasting and loading & hauling operations Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor Degree in Mining Engineering
• A minimum of 7 years' Experience in Mine Planning and Design as well as an understanding of open pit mining.
• Knowledge and experience in developing short term and medium term mine plans.
• Project planning and budgeting skills
• Financial and risk analysis techniques
• Proficient in Datamine studio 3, NPV Scheduler 4/ Whittle & XPAC, SURPAC and must have an understanding of mining budgets.
• Must be certified by the Inspectorate Division of Minerals Commission of Ghana as a Mining Superintendent. Location:
Tarkwa How To Apply For The Job
Interested and eligible persons who meet the above criteria are to forward their applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae to any of the following addresses not later than Friday 7th August, 2015. The Senior Manager - Human Resources,
Anglogold Ashanti (Iduapriem) Limited,
P.O. Box 283,
Email: [email protected] Closing Date:
07 August, 2015 NB:
Only shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend interview