Capital Projects Group Department:
BTS Implementation Location:
Supervisory Contractor, Core/IP Network Implementation Level:
Direct Contract Reports to:
Manager, Project Core/IP Implementation Job Summary:
• Supervise and coordinate the implementation and integration of Core Network, Packet Switched, Circuit Switched & Access network elements which include but is not limited to MSS, MGW, BSC, RNC, HLR, CCN, CBC, SGSN, GGSN, GPRS,NTS, MCF, PCRF, OSS and IP/MPLS in accordance with all MTN project management policies, procedures and EAM process. Job Role
• Develops detailed implementation project plans, control methods, procedures and responsibilities.
• Drive, Coordinate, Track and Report on the day to day implementation activities for Core Network related projects (site surveys, installations, testing & commissioning, integration, software upgrade, migration etc.). This includes the installation of RAN controllers as well as OSS nodes (RNC, OSS and BSC)
• Collate and analyse Technical Site Survey reports, and review High/ Low Level designs and drawings.
• Perform scheduling, coordinate inventory movement on all installation works.
• Coordinate cross functional activities to complete projects
• Develop detailed project tracker and report template.
• Responsible for supervising vendor teams in delivering Core Network projects. Ensure the vendor & implementation team adhere to MTN’s implementation process, MOP and Change Management process
• Identify project dependencies and critical path and advice accordingly.
• Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team
• Ensure Implementation meets MTN Safety and quality specification
• Review Scope change, recommend solutions and provide regular reporting / escalations to Core Network PM.
• Coordinate Preliminary Acceptance Testing (PAT) and sign off with Vendors, MTN NWG and MSO Team
• Identify and escalate delivery risks to Core Network PM.
• Responsible for project documentation and database management Qualification Required & Experience Education
• B.Sc. Electrical/Electronic Engineering/ Computer Science with Project Management qualification.
• CCNA or its equivalent is an advantage Experience
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Telecom Network Infrastructure Implementation Competencies Knowledge
• Knowledge and experience with telecommunication standards including ANSI, and ITU.
• Adequate knowledge in telecommunication fundamentals
• Adequate knowledge in Network System technologies like GSM, WCDMA, Transmission, IP networks, etc…
• Adequate knowledge in GSM & WCDMA networks' architecture, topology, protocols and Interfaces like CCITT 7, BSSAP, MAP, ISUP, GCP, SIP, BICC, IPBCP, QAAL2 etc…
• Adequate knowledge in Management systems associated to different architectures… such as OSS, M2000 etc…
• Adequate knowledge in Windows OS, UNIX & Linux
• Adequate knowledge in Microsoft office suite
• Skill in Microsoft Power Point, Project & Excel.
• In depth Knowledge of IP and data Networking Skills & Physical Competencies:
• Ability to manage conflict.
• Ability to focus on priorities and plans, manages and monitors work effectively
• Good written and verbal communication, presentation Skills,
• Global thinker, Analytical thinking and Problem solving abilities.
• Ability to handle issues with tact and diplomacy
• Ability to manage own time and workload and juggle conflicting priorities
• Professional approach to work Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Interested and qualified applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae to: [email protected]
Kindly indicate the Position in the email subject and note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. ‘No late submissions will be considered’ Closing Date:
01 March, 2019