Capital Projects Group Department:
BTS Implementation Location:
Supervisory Contractor, Project BTS Implementation Level:
MTN Level 2 Reports to:
Manager, Project BTS Implementation Job Summary:
• Provide supervisory responsibilities over GIFEC and Contractor’s performance and support Project Manager to ensure efficient implementation of Rural Projects within timelines of the project and in accordance with all MTN project management policies, procedures and EAM process. Job Role
• Develops detailed implementation project plans, control methods, procedures and responsibilities.
• Drive, Coordinate, Track and Report on the day to day implementation activities for GIFEC BTS Site related projects
• Develop detailed project tracker, WIP (Work In Progress) report templates.
• Supervise quality of work in the field for all Civil, BTS, Transmission installation and Commissioning
• Collate and analyse Technical Site Survey reports, review technical site designs and drawings.
• Perform scheduling, coordinate inventory movement on all installation works.
• Coordinate cross functional activities to complete projects, issuing Work Authorizations, Coordinating site access
• Identify project dependencies and critical path and advice project manager accordingly.
• Ensure Implementation meets MTN Safety and quality specification
• Review Scope change, recommend solutions and provide regular reporting / escalations to BTS Implementation PM.
• Coordinate Preliminary Acceptance Testing (PAT) and sign off with Vendors, GIFEC, MTN NWG and MSO Team
• Identify and escalate delivery risks to Supervising BTS Implementation PM.
• Responsible for project documentation and database management
• Responsible for all activities for Rural & GIFEC sites rollout; from Acquisition to Handover
• Drive, Coordinate, Track and Report on the day to day implementation activities on Rural & GIFEC projects
• Ensure regular stakeholder project meetings are held with GIFEC project team and feedback on progress
• Ensure Conflicts with GIFEC & Other 3rd party contractors are resolved before projects are reassigned to MTN / Huawei
• Escalate all delays / risks to the project manager as soon as they are identified
• Follow-up with Transport implementation team for link completion and routing activities
• Performance of any other task as assigned by supervisor and based on business needs Qualification Required & Experience Education
• A minimum of a B.Sc. Electrical/Electronic Engineering/ Computer Science.
• PMP Certification (Added Advantage)
• 3 years of experience in Telecom Network Infrastructure Implementation with at least 1 year in a supervisory role Competencies Knowledge
• GSM Architecture, General MW Links Knowledge, Project Management Knowledge
• Adequate knowledge in telecommunication fundamentals
• Technical competencies: Basics of Ericsson RBS (Indoor, Outdoor & Micro), Huawei RBS, Testing & Measurement Tools, GSM Network Elements, Installation, commissioning of GSM sites
• Microsoft Office Suite
• Project Management Knowledge& Quality management Knowledge.
• Technical competencies: Knowledge in GSM RBS Equipment Telecom GSM principles
• Adequate knowledge in Microsoft office suite
• Skill in Microsoft Power Point, Project & Excel. Skills & Physical Competencies:
• Ability to manage conflict.
• Ability to focus on priorities and plans, manages and monitors work effectively
• Good written and verbal communication, presentation Skills,
• Global thinker, Analytical thinking and Problem solving abilities.
• Ability to handle issues with tact and diplomacy
• Ability to manage own time and workload and juggle conflicting priorities Location:
Accra How to Apply For the Job
Interested and qualified applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae by December 21, 2018 to: [email protected]
Kindly indicate the Position in the email subject and note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Closing Date:
21 December, 2018