A well-known manufacturing Company operating within the woodworks industry and is located in Accra is seeking to recruit Supply Chain Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage and execute the day to day procurement strategy and quality product delivery within the Production Department
• Negotiate pricing and terms with approved vendors to provide best possible solution for purchases
• Ensures compliance to standard quality, processes, procedures, and legal requirements during Production process.
• Manage data on pricing and provide reports whenever required
• Process and track vendor invoices and payments
• Structure purchases and supplies to ensure long term benefits for the Company
• Capture and document information on cost savings and provide reports whenever required
• Identify opportunities to consolidate supplier base to leverage economies of scale.
• Identify suppliers, capabilities, share of business, products pricing to establish standardization of rates for all requirements within scope.
• Arrange regular vendor meetings and performance reviews to ensure adherence to contractual requirements
• Ensure quality of purchases meet standards that ensure product production and delivery meets quality approval.
• Ensure proper communications with site teams and be proactive to manage internal and external customer expectations including quality specific delivery
• Provide detailed instructions and continuous follow-up to support the Production Department in standardized procurement and contract processes
• Provide information to management on Purchase Orders whenever required.
• Demonstrate continuous effort to improve procurement operations, decrease turnaround time including delays and streamline work processes.
• Contribute to the development of a collaborative and team-based culture within the Production Department with account leadership, peers, and the client businesses.
• Client/Stakeholder Management
• Client satisfaction
• Quality delivery
• Timely delivery
• Procurement process & regulatory communication within the organization and with the site teams
Procurement & Vendor Management
• Complete contract management responsibilities
• Collecting all documents from the vendor for compliance audit
• Sharing indents for monthly material supply
• Managing ad-hoc vendors
• Improvement and savings initiatives for the client
• Adherence to the monthly forecasts and accruals
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Supply Chain Management from a reputable University.
• Experience in similar industry will be an additional merit
• 2 to 4 years in planning / procurement / supply chain with demonstrated knowledge of Inventory Planning management and vendor performance management.
• Ability to translate large amounts of data into useful information and draw conclusions.
• Maintain key operational metrics that measure supply chain performance driving continuous improvement.
• Ability to work under pressure
• Strong proficiency in analysis tools including Microsoft Excel, ERP
• Exceptional analytics, judgment, and communication skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills to all levels of the Company with the ability to present complex information in a simple, clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workloads.
• Ensure quality control from procurement to final product delivery to customer
How To Apply For The Job
Please email all the CV to:
16 May, 2019