Applications are invited from suitably qualified Ghanaian Nationals for the position of Education Officer ( National Officer Category.)
• VN No.:
• IMIS #:
• Type of Contract:
• Post Level:
• Duty Station:
Accra Job purpose:
Under the direct supervision of Supply and Procurement Manager, the incumbent will provide professional assistance in training for capacity-building in-order to enhance efficient, effective and timely delivery of PS supply to Government and all implementing partners; accountability is ensured for supply assistance. Main Duties & Responsibilities:
• Assist the Supply Manager in policy and advocacy dialogue with senior Government officials, World Bank and other donors, various stakeholders in EPI programme, i.e. WHO, GHS, SD Copenhagen, NGOs etc.
• Coordinate and actively participate together with H & N programme colleagues, EPI/GHS in formulating supply & procurement plan reflecting annual work plan of GoG and annual vaccine forecasting taking into consideration current stock levels, shipments in pipeline etc.
• Support Supply Manager in Procurement Services transactions in coordination with programme sections, PS customers, donors and SD as appropriate.
• Initiate draft MOUs with the GoG/other PS customers, donors and SD: negotiating, signing of MOUs, coordinating issuance of Cost Estimate, transfer of funds, procurement and shipment as per shipment plan, including monitoring of vaccine shipments,.
• Coordinate and liaise with Ghana Health Service and SD on shipment arrival process, documentation assisting EPI to do efficient customs clearance of shipments immediately upon arrival in country.
• Maintain close collaboration with GHS/EP1 and all other stakeholders representing UNICEF collaborative approach and extending assistance for smooth PS transaction. Also regularly attend with Supply Manager at Inter-Agency Coordination Committee specially during planning phase of new vaccine introduction.
• Follow-up with SD on preparation of Quarterly Utilisation Reports and final Statement of Accounts for PS transactions. Share the same with PS customers and follow-up on refunding unspent balance to the donors in order to close the transaction. Prepare and submit to Supply Manager monthly report on statement of accounts for various PS customers.
• Maintain a monitoring information system for PS transactions and prepare regular reports to provide continuous feedback to Programme Sections, PS Customers and SD on the various status of the PS transactions.
• Assist supply manager in facilitating capacity building of Government counterpart in warehouse and stock management including training of staff with particular focus on EPl cold storage facilities at Regional and District levels.
• Undertake field visits to project areas and visits to EPl cold stores to monitor supply inputs, review inventory records, propose corrective actions to improve procedures for supply and logistics management.
• Oversee the management of UNICEF supplies stored at GHS warehouse and timely dispatches thereof. Ensure updated inventory status reports are disseminated on a monthly basis.
• Process logistics and procurement related documentations as per established supply and logistics procedures.
• Assist supervisor in day-to-day operations of the procurement services transactions Qualification Required & Experience
• University degree in Business Administration, Management, International Economics, Engineering, International Development, Contract/commercial Law or in directly related areas of specialisation, including credited courses in supply, logistics, purchasing or contracting. OR, a recognised qualification in procurement and contracting.
• Educational qualification in relevant areas (transport or logistics operations/management, supply chain management, etc.)
• Minimum of two years of relevant professional work experience.
• Work experience in supply, logistics, purchasing, contracting and administration and/or other related fields at the national level.
• Experience in emergencies desirable. Language Proficiency
• Fluency in English required.
• Knowledge of local working language of the duty station and another UN working language an asset. Competency Profile
Core Values (Required)
• Diversity and Inclusion
• Integrity Core Competencies (Required)
• Communication [I]
• Drive for Result [I]
• Working With People [I] Functional Competencies (Required)
• Applying Technical Expertise [I]
• Following Instructions and Procedures [II]
• Planning and Organising [II] Other Skills and Attributes
• Very good planning and organising skill and strong drive for result
• Innovation and Analytical skills
• Effective coordination skills, networking and influencing
• Knowledge of computer management and applications
• Ability to work in a team and under pressure Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
If you have experience working in a similar capacity and want to make an active and lasting contribution to build a better would for children and match the profile outlines, send a brief application letter supported by detailed curriculum vitae, UN Personal History form (which can be downloaded from: http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/P11.doc
) and photocopies of other supporting documents to:
email: [email protected]
or The Human Resources Officer
P. O. BOX 5051
Accra-North Closing Date:
24 June, 2015
Applications can also be hand delivered to:
Location: 4-8 Rangoon Close, Cantonments (Behind UNDP, near Ghana National Fire Service Headquarters on the Ring Road)
• Applicants are requested to indicate the title of the position they are applying for
• Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for written test. QUALIFIED FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE ESPECIALLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
NOTE: UNICEF IS A SMOKE FREE ENVIRONMENT!!!