Golden Star (Wassa) Limited, a subsidiary of Golden Star Resources (GSIR), with head office in Denver, USA, is a gold mining company situated at Akyempim in the Mpohor Wassa East District of the Western Region. Job Description
• Primary focus of this position will be to plan, direct, and ensure that all survey activities relating to development ends, stopes, ore reserves areas, drawing of plans and sections are carried out efficiently and in conformity with specifications and standard professional practices.
• Maintains accurate records of all statistics in connection with ore production, layout of developments and projects, ore reserves and makes them available upon request by management and to satisfy statutory mining Laws of Ghana.
• The position will require the incumbent to develop strong working relationships with the mining operations department
• Position will require a strong safety management focus and commitment Responsible for:
• Verification and calculation of bonus and overtime payments to staff members
• Submission of updated plans and sections of ore development areas quarterly and annually to the chief Inspector of Mines as stipulated by the Minerals and Mining Laws of Ghana
• Preparation and submission to management monthly tonnage produced to enable bonus to be computed and stope performance report to be generated
• Prioritizing of assignments and ensuring that there is effective distribution of jobs to enable important jobs to be completed on schedule
• Assist with the training and development of subordinates within the department;
• Perform any other related duties assigned from time to time by Management. Qualification Required & Experience
• The position requires experience understanding and competency in surveying of underground development ends and stopes as well as the use of Cavity monitoring equipment to estimate volumes and tonnages in stopes.
• Degree in Geomatic / Geodetic Engineering with at least seven (7) years mine surveying experience in underground operations;
• Proficient in the use of underground mine surveyor software. Preference will be given to candidates with experience using Geovia software suite - Surpac
• Excellent communication and people management skills;
• Must possess a valid Ghanaian driving Licence. Location:
Wassa Akyempim How To Apply For The Job
Interested persons should send their application letters, CVs, and copies of relevant academic documents to: [email protected]
Or mail: The Operations Manager, HR & Peoples Service Golden Star Resources Limited P. O. Box 16075 Accra Closing Date:
25 January, 2016 NB:
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.