• The successful candidate will join our team as an Officer for different tax-related tasks in the Finance Department.
• (S)He will report to the Tax Director and will be responsible for a wide variety of tax matters including compliance, planning, accounting for income taxes and filing of tax returns and assessments for AirtelTigo.
• Be part of all research and implementation of tax planning initiatives to optimize overall tax position and effective tax rate.
• Manage all company tax audits, appeals and litigations including implementation of compliance strategy to manage risk.
• Maintain documentation of both certain and uncertain tax positions as required per IFRS and Tax Act.
• Coordinate and maintain accurate filings and payments of all taxes and levies.
• Implement mechanisms to identify tax savings opportunities available to both personal and corporate business.
• Proactively perform regular health-checks on both taxes and levies and articulate key findings to Head of Tax.
• Play key role in the implementation, documentation and management of transfer pricing policies and processes; continuously reviewing them for alignment with AirtelTigo strategic objectives.
• Review and evaluate contract and accounting procedures for tax compliance and accuracy.
• Articulate and communicate tax risks, including conducting reviews and documenting tax positions and maintenance of a risk register.
• Collaborate across functions ensure tax strategy is followed always, including assessment of new projects and plans for tax effects.
• Manage the risk function of insurances.
• Actively take part in industry and stakeholder discussions on tax matters as inputs towards MOF/GRA plans.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Economics, Law or related field.
• Member of ICA/ACCA and Chartered Institute of taxation Ghana will be an added advantage.
• Minimum of 3 years relevant working experience in a related field.
• Strong understanding of Ghana’s Tax laws and ability to interpret tax legislations.
• Experience in internal audit, risk/controls analysis, compensation accounting, and revenue assurance.
• Broad knowledge of operating activities.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
• Strong knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint skills will be a plus.
• Knowledge of regulatory environment and key compliance rules in financial and telecom sectors respectively.
• Organized and detail oriented.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• A Team Player
• Knowledgeable of both theoretical and practical aspects of Taxation in Ghana.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested and qualified applicants should send their Applications & Curriculum Vitae to:
Kindly indicate the role you are applying for in the email subject.
02 June, 2023
Ready to be part of our dynamic and innovative team? At AirtelTigo, we enhance the value of our employees by providing long-term growth and opportunities in an ever-evolving work environment. Our values are at the core of what we do and represents who we are, Simplicity, Transparency and Relevance. Initiate your journey to be part of our world-class team and experience a rewarding career.