• Plan and coordinate end to end service delivery in the Transport network to ensure all connectivity requirements to all locations/nodes in the shortest possible time. Job Context
• Highly dynamic and competitive telecommunication industry
• Advancement in global technology trends
• MTN Group business standards and practices
• Diverse cultural environment
• Segmentation structure implication
• Performance driven environment
• Developing sophisticated client base Job Role
• Take inputs for coverage/capacity from the regional radio and transmission planning engineers and integrate them into a national network plan.
• Perform MW Link Profiling, Terrain Data verification, Tower Height Calculations, Link and Traffic Engineering for inter-regional network.
• Conduct route selection and capacity planning for Optical Network Design (WDM/SDH/IP).
• Coordinate the traffic requirements for all stakeholder groups and consolidating into national and inter-regional route requirements for onward design and build.
• Collect statistics from the various monitoring tools and perform post implementation analysis on all routes and provide recommendations and solutions towards improvements on network quality where required.
• Coordinate MDNS projects with all stakeholders and provide a consolidated solution description for all MDNS clients requirements.
• Provide support in the selection of suitable transmission sites through the conduct of site surveys. Qualification Required & Experience Education
• Minimum of a BSc Electrical and Electronic Engineering Experience
• Minimum of 3 years of relevant hands-on experience in a similar role Technical Competence/Knowledge
• Transport Network Topology
• Transport Network Capacity Planning
• Traffic engineering
• Transport network quality and performance management
• Proven experience in the Transmission Site selection and LOS survey.
• WDM/SDH/PDH/IP Network Planning Principles
• Strong understanding of the ITU standards and recommendations
• Documentation/Records keeping skills
• GSM network operations overview
• A good knowledge of technological trends in the transport sector of the telecommunications industry.
• Good knowledge in Optical Networks Technology (WDM, SDH etc.)
• Good knowledge in Connect and or Path loss Planning tools
• Ability to work with Topographical and Digital maps
• Excellent knowledge of Radio Propagation Principles
• Demonstrate Planning Abilities relating to Capacity enhancements.
• Good interference calculations and elimination skills
• A good understanding of IP principles such as IP/MPLS
• A good knowledge of IPRAN deployment in a telecommunication environment
• A good understanding of backhaul requirements for LTE/LTE-A/5G
• A good knowledge of the various synchronization technologies such as frequency, phase and time sync
• A working knowledge of cost-effective Enterprise access connectivity technologies such as FWA/licensed and unlicensed PtMP solutions.
• Use Cases for SDN technologies in the transport domain
• Moderate to proficiency knowledge in database management
• Working knowledge of an E2E multi-vendor unified transport management tool Competencies Skills/Physical competencies:
• Ability to manage self and team performance, good conflict management, takes and manages accountability
• Energy & Drive – Innovative, Takes initiative, result oriented and develops self consistently, Creativity and Innovation
• Interpersonal Skills – Leadership, customer centricity, collaborative and coaches & develops direct reports
• Personal Skills – Trustworthy, integrity and ethical in dealings Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Interested and qualified applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae to: [email protected] Closing Date:
29 September, 2021
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.