Team Lead, Transmission Planning
MTN Level 2
Manager, Transmission Planning
Plan and coordinate end to end service delivery in the Transport network to ensure all connectivity requirements to all locations/nodes in the shortest possible time.
• Take inputs for coverage/capacity from the regional radio and transmission planning engineers and integrate them into a national network plan.
• Perform MW Link Profiling, Terrain Data verification, Tower Height Calculations, Link and Traffic Engineering for inter-regional network.
• Conduct route selection and capacity planning for Optical Network Design (WDM/SDH/IP).
• Coordinate the traffic requirements for all stakeholder groups and consolidating into national and inter-regional route requirements for onward design and build.
• Collect statistics from the various monitoring tools and perform post implementation analysis on all routes and provide recommendations and solutions towards improvements on network quality where required.
• Coordinate MDNS projects with all stakeholders and provide a consolidated solution descriptions for all MDNS clients requirements.
• Provide support in the selection of suitable transmission sites through the conduct of site surveys.
• Assist in executing complex assignments requiring the use of advanced transmission planning techniques, resulting in the development of new system plans.
• Prepare and submit reports in a timely manner.
Qualification Required & Experience
• B.Sc. Electrical & Electronic Engineering
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a Telecoms/ICT Environment
• Transmission Network Topology
• Transmission Link Capacity Planning
• Traffic engineering
• Transmission network quality management
• Proven experience in the Transmission Site selection and LOS survey.
• SDH/PDH/IP Network Planning Principles
• Strong understanding of the ITU standards and recommendations
• Documentation/Records keeping skills
• GSM network operations overview
• A good knowledge of technological trends in the transport sector of the telecommunications industry.
• Good knowledge in Optical Networks Technology (WDM, SDH etc.)
• Good knowledge in Connect and or Path loss Planning tools
• Ability to work with Topographical and Digital maps
• Excellent knowledge of Radio Propagation Principles
• Demonstrate Planning Abilities relating to Capacity enhancements.
• Good interference calculations and elimination skills
• A good understanding of IP principles
Skills & Physical Competencies:
• Assertive, Self-starter, Proactive, Innovative, Attention to detail
• Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical people
• Ability to work under pressure
• Good communication (Verbal & Written) skills
• Customer focus
• Interpersonal skills
• Strong supervisory and leadership skills
• Ability to keep strict confidentiality
How To Apply For The Job
Interested and qualified applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae to:
Kindly indicate the Position in the subject and note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
11 March, 2019