The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) - is a public-benefit federal enterprise working in more than 100 countries worldwide. We work on behalf of the German Government and support public and private sector clients in a wide variety of areas, including economic development and employment, energy and environment, and peace and security. Our activities cover three priority areas: Energy and Climate, which deals with renewable energy and energy efficiency; Training and Sustainable Growth for decent Jobs; and Peaceful and Inclusive Societies, which focuses on good governance.
The Supporting Private and Financial Sector (PFS) programme was commissioned in January 2023 for a period of three years. The
programme aims to improve the employment situation of MSMEs in five regions of Ghana, i.e., Greater Accra, Ashanti, Bono, Bono
East and Ahafo. It has five outputs namely, support for financial services, service offering for MSMEs; employment services for returnees
and migrants; green economy measures; and foundations for vaccine production.
Scope of Role:
• The Technical Advisor will be responsible for implementing daily operational aspects of all issues related to the programme in the Bono
• He/she will support the PFS through the provision of technical assistance and advice to the insurance programme partners and ensure the operationalisation of activities within the regional network of service providers for MSMEs with a focus on insurance interventions.
• Supports the coordination, liaison and advice to the partner organisations including the regional network of service providers for
• Coordinates and assists in preparing, planning, implementing and monitoring of programme plans and activities in close
consultation and coordination with counterparts.
• Participates in formulating action plans and helps synchronise the planning and budgeting system with counterparts
• Jointly responsible with partner institutions for preparing, implementing and documenting training events, workshops, forums,
team meetings and other programme activities.
• Regularly consults with the GIZ officer responsible for the implementation of the project within the regions
Qualification Required & Experience
• University qualification (Masters/MSc) in Finance, Risk Management, Insurance or any relevant area. An insurance professional
qualification will be an advantage
• Minimum of five (5) years’ work experience on the topic of Insurance in Ghana specifically within the context of private and
financial sector development or any other comparable institutions
• Demonstrate good interpersonal, communication, management and organisational skills.
• Possess strong command of English language (both written and oral); knowledge of German language is an asset
• Ability to multitask and work under pressure
• Proactive attitude towards personal growth and institutional changes
How To Apply For The Job
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page cover letter to:
quoting the Job Code 2023/SPFS-IN/10/02
in the subject line. If you do not hear from us two (2) weeks after the deadline, please consider your application unsuccessful.
17 February, 2023
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race, and religion
are encouraged to apply.