Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) - is a public-benefit federal enterprise working in more than 100 countries worldwide. We work on behalf of the German Government and support public and private sector clients in a wide variety of areas, including economic development and employment, energy and environment, and peace and security. Our activities cover three priority areas: Energy and Climate, which deals with renewable energy and energy efficiency; Training and Sustainable Growth for decent Jobs; and Peaceful and Inclusive Societies, which focuses on good governance.
Sustainable Employment through Agribusiness (AgriBiz) – AgriBiz Programme works together with the Ministry of Trade and Industry (MoTI) and the Ministry of Food and Agriculture (MoFA) to improve the conditions for creating productive employment in the agribusiness sector. The Programme strengthens business organizations to better represent the interest of their members and offer professional services. AgriBiz supports processing companies in their business development, introducing technological solutions.
Scope of Role:
• The Technical Advisors supports the organizational development of member-based Agri-Business organizations, institutions and networks.
• The Advisors will be part of a team which will specifically focus on framework conditions for Agri-Business enterprises.
• The job will entail the support of the advocacy work of business associations as well as to assist them improve their business orientation andtheir offers of a relevant and effective range of services to their members.
• Assist and monitor the development and implementation of action plans and programme plans and activities in close consultation with
• Responsible for the design, preparation and implementation of workshops, seminars and other events on issues connected with the
programme’s area of activity.
• Develop, plan, and implement technical and organizational concepts for improving AgriBusiness member-based organizations and
networks and increase their revenues, specifically of women-led ones.
• Provide advice on business orientation and general organizational development of business associations, organizations and networks with
a view to professionalize the range of services and member management.
• Advise on the association’s advocacy work, support cooperation and effective dialogue with stakeholder from the private and public
sector, non-governmental agencies and the academia.
• Assists with PR work using social networks, print media, radio, television etc.
• Prepare reports and presentation documents, including monitoring & evaluation, success stories and best practice examples.
• Handle other tasks on behalf of GIZ.
Qualification Required & Experience
• University degree in an area that is related to the project/programme objectives, with a focus on a relevant field (equivalent to BA or
• At least 4 years’ professional experience in a comparable position.
• Professional experience in organizational development of member-based institutions, networks.
• Very good working knowledge of ICT technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS
• Diligent, goal oriented, open minded and innovative, team player and ability to perform task without supervision.
• Proficient in spoken and written English and working knowledge in Twi. Knowledge in German is an asset.
• Strong interpersonal skills, work experience in an intercultural environment is an asset.
• Strong managerial, organisational, administrative and social competence.
• Very strong communication skills and ability to engage stakeholders and facilitate networking.
• Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
• Willingness to frequently travel within Ghana
How To Apply For The Job
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page cover letter to:
quoting the Job Code 2023/AgriBiz/02/15 in the subject line. If you do not hear from us two (2) weeks after the deadline, please consider your application unsuccessful.
01 March, 2023
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race, and religion are encouraged to apply