• The Digital Transformation Center (DTC) is a component under the Programme for Sustainable Economic Development (PSED) which is a bilateral project commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).
• The Digital Transformation Center in Ghana is part of a pan-African network of flagship projects that the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) is building to support the transformation process on the African continent.
• Its goal is to improve the preconditions for using digital transformation for employment and entrepreneurship in rural areas. Scope of the Role:
• The Technical Advisors will primarily be responsible for coordinating the implementation of digital skills trainings in different Community ICT Centres (CICs) for the various locations within the listed regions and supporting the development of localized digital services in rural areas.
• Further, the technical advisors will work in a tandem with a development worker and collaborate with relevant stakeholders. Your Tasks
• Coordinate the provision of high-quality digital skills trainings in the various listed locations withing the regions in Ghana in strong coordination with GIFEC and Community ICT Centres (CICs)
• Support the development of localized digital services in rural areas.
• Support cooperation, regular contact and dialogue with partners, local communities, relevant organisations, non-governmental agencies, other GIZ projects and individuals in the project/programme environment
• Design, prepare and implement workshops, seminars, and other events.
• Ensure knowledge transfer and sharing with other projects.
• Develop ready-to-use strategies and technical concepts, including guidelines, manuals, and procedures.
• Draw up reports and presentation documents.
• Support the monitoring and evaluation activities of the project.
• Assist with general project planning.
• Support in the procurement and management of consultant’s services (writing Terms of Reference, preparing and evaluating tender documents, reporting) Qualification Required & Experience Your Profile
• University degree in an area that is related to the project objectives (e.g., political science, social science, education, IT, business informatics or a similar subject), equivalent to BA or MBA.
• At least 3 years’ professional experience in a comparable position
• Extensive knowledge of digital transformation in Africa and the Ghanaian digital innovation ecosystem
• Working experience in the field of digital skills
• Very good working knowledge of IT applications
• Diligent, goal oriented, open minded and innovative, team player and ability to perform task without supervision.
• Proficient in spoken and written English; a working knowledge of a local language is an asset.
• Strong interpersonal skills, work experience in an intercultural environment is an asset.
• Strong managerial, organizational, and social competence
• Very strong communication skills and ability to engage stakeholders and facilitate networking.
• Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management. Location:
Kumasi, Techiman & WA How To Apply For The Job
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page cover letter stating the respective duty town of interest to: [email protected]
under the 2021/DTC/04/01
. Please note if you do not hear from us two (2) weeks after the deadline, please consider your application unsuccessful. Closing Date:
07 May, 2021
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race, and religion are encouraged to apply.