Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) - is a public-benefit federal enterprise working in more than 100 countries worldwide. We work on behalf of the German Government and support public and private sector clients in a wide variety of areas, including economic development and employment, energy and environment, and peace and security. Our activities cover three priority areas: Energy and Climate, which deals with renewable energy and energy efficiency; Training and Sustainable Growth for decent Jobs; and Peaceful and Inclusive Societies, which focuses on good governance.
Scope of Role
The Technical Advisor is responsible for implementing daily operational aspects related to the project, processing technical aspects and further developing the area of responsibility in accordance with the specified quality standards and assisting mainly the project manager in their daily work and deputizing for them in their absence.
• Assists in preparing and conducting project activities and carries out other activities required for implementing the project.
• Assists the project with all organizational and management issues and regularly consults with the project coordinator responsible for
local implementation of the project.
• Participates in formulating project action plans and helps synchronise the planning and budgeting system.
• Assists with designing, preparing, implementing and documenting training events, workshops, forums, team meetings and other project
• Prepares appropriate input for various project reports and presentation documents and contributes to other reports and documents as
required by the team.
• Participates in team meetings as required; accompanies the project coordinator or other team members to meetings where necessary
and develops and maintains contact with all important stakeholders.
• Provides assistance to local and international experts and cone4sultants.
• Ensures knowledge management by collecting and processing relevant information for distribution to relevant stakeholders.
• In cooperation with the project coordinator, assists with the maintenance of a filing system for the office or project, treats information
confidentially, specifically in the areas of personnel and finance.
Qualification Required & Experience
• University degree in a health-related area/area related to project objectives (biochemistry, pharmacy, public health, project management,
etc.); A Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
• Minimum of three (3) years’ professional experience in a comparable position, previous work in international development is an asset.
• Very good working knowledge of ITC technologies and computer applications (e.g. Microsoft Office programmes including excel).
• Strong communication (verbal and written) skills; Strong can-do attitude and willingness to create results under pressure.
• Experience in/familiarity with GIZ procedures is a strong asset.
• Strong project management and organisational skills and willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed.
• Experience with working in multicultural and multisectoral environments, with good interpersonal skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English language, ideally also a knowledge of German language.
• Excellent report writing and presentation skills.
• Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page cover letter to:
under the Job Code 2023/GHI/01/26
. If you do not hear from us Two (2) weeks after the deadline, please consider your application unsuccessful.
09 February, 2023
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race, and religion are
encouraged to apply.