Technical Advisor Project:
Programme Sustainable Economic Development (PSED) Reports To:
Senior Project Manager Contract Duration:
Until 30.09.2022 Location:
Accra Project Brief:
• The Programme for Sustainable Economic Development (PSED) aims at improving the conditions for the creation of decent and productive employment. Since 2012 the programme has been implementing the Ghana Skills Development Initiative (GSDI) to support the reform of technical vocational education and training (TVET). Scope of the Role:
• The Technical Advisor is responsible for all aspects of monitoring and evaluation including quality assurance and programme improvement. This includes data collection, data analysis and interpretation, and reporting of data. Your Tasks
• Develop/revise measurement tools and data collection procedures with the support of the management.
• Review the quality of existing data in the project subject areas, the methods of collecting it, and the degree to which it will provide good baseline statistics for impact evaluation.
• Maintain projects logical frameworks/impact matrices, ensuring indicator achievements are updated on a regular basis and shared with the management.
• Ensure timely and adequate implementation of the M&E strategy. Assist in the development and/or finalization of the component’s operational plan and keep it updated in accordance with project activities and timeframes as relevant. • Collect data on a regular basis to measure achievement against the performance indicators.
• Analyse monitoring data to provide timely project feedback to the management. Coordinate and support project progress reporting, project mid-term review and final reporting/evaluation.
• Produce reports on M&E findings and prepare presentations based on M&E data as required.
• Perform other duties as may be assigned by the management. Qualification Required & Experience Your Profile
• First level university degree in statistics, demographics, public policy, international development, economics, or related field.
• Minimum of three (3) years of professional experience in an M&E position responsible for implementing M&E activities of international development projects.
• Experience in designing, implementing, and operating project M&E systems from project initiation to closeout stages.
• Strong analytical skills and knowledge in quantitative/qualitative analysis, experience with statistics and digital tools, ability to analyse datasets to produce structured reports.
• Excellent presentation and communication skills, proven skills in research and report writing.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
• Experience with working in multicultural environment, with good interpersonal relationship.
Strong knowledge of ICT technologies and computer applications (e.g. Microsoft Office especially Excel, plus any other database programme).
• Willingness to update skills as required by the tasks to be performed. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page cover letter to: [email protected]
under the Job Code 2021/PSED/03/02. Please note if you do not hear from us two (2) weeks after the deadline, please consider your application unsuccessful. Closing Date:
05 April, 2021
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race, and religion are encouraged to apply.