• Invest for Jobs, an initiative of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) offers comprehensive advice, contacts and financial support to create a favorable business ecosystem, overcome investment barriers, improve working conditions and create jobs. Scope of the Role:
• In close cooperation with the Global Project, the German Chamber of Commerce in Ghana, the Head of Business & Invest and the Team Business & Invest, the Technical Advisor will contribute to the implementation of the ICT and Construction project portfolio as well as support in the development of new projects in various sectors Your Tasks
• Responsible for working closely with the Head of the Business and Invest and the Global Project in Germany to acquire, plan, set up and
implement new partnership projects with the Private Sector.
• Responsible for identifying new project opportunities and ensure the successful implementation of ongoing projects per GIZ’s processes
• Responsible for the quality assurance of ongoing projects within the fields of technology and construction.
• Responsible for working mainly with German and European CEOs and Managers in Ghana as well as actors such as GIPC, AGI, AHK and other employer groups to ensure the successful implementation of the Special Initiative.
• Prepare reports and presentation documents, including monitoring & evaluation, success stories and best practice examples.
• Prepare appropriate input for various programme reports including annual reports and contributes to the other reports that may be
required of you.
• Coordinate project activities/interventions at local level in consultation with the manager and in cooperation with the partners
regarding implementation. Qualification Required & Experience
• University degree in an area that is related to the project objectives, with a focus on a relevant field (equivalent to BA or MBA)
• At least 3 years’ professional experience in a comparable position Professional experience in planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting
• Very good working knowledge of ICT technologies (software, phone, email) and MS Office.
• Diligent, goal oriented, open minded and innovative, team player and ability to perform task without supervision.
• Proficient in spoken and written English; a working knowledge of German is an asset.
• Strong interpersonal skills, work experience in an intercultural environment is an asset.
• Strong communication skills, ability to engage stakeholders and facilitate networking. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page cover letter to: [email protected]
under the Job Code 2021/SIJobs/12/01
. Please note if you do not hear from us two (2) weeks after the deadline, please consider
application unsuccessful. Closing Date:
15 December, 2021
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race,
and religion are encouraged to apply.