Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) - is a public-benefit federal enterprise working in more than 100 countries worldwide. We work on behalf of the German Government and support public and private sector clients in a wide variety of areas, including economic development and employment, energy and environment, and peace and security. Our activities cover three priority areas: Energy and Climate, which deals with renewable energy and energy efficiency; Training and Sustainable Growth for decent Jobs; and Peaceful and Inclusive Societies, which focuses on good governance
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH has been commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development to support the local production of vaccines in Ghana by supporting at setting up a fill and finish facility for vaccines in Ghana, and at developing and implementing a long-term Ghanaian strategy for vaccine production and research and development.
Scope of Role:
The technical advisor is primary responsible for providing technical support for the DIPC and Support to Vaccine Production projects and working in close collaboration with the project lead towards the achievement of project goals
• Use 50% of time to support DIPC project activities and 50% to support vaccine manufacturing activities.
• The advisor will use 100% of the DIPC working engagement should be dedicated to coordination of the regional activities package of
the Digital Innovation in Pandemic Control (DIPC) Project in Ghana and Sierra Leone in collaboration with UNICEF and Digital
Square and the Ministries of Health(MOH), as well as other local government and GIZ stakeholders.
• Provide technical advice and coordinate activities related support to vaccine manufacturing in Ghana and DIPC activities.
• Manage the financial and contractual processes of the project regarding the procurement of supplies and services and the elaboration
of the grant agreement, in accordance with GIZ and national standard.
• Formulate project action plans and synchronizing the planning and budgeting system and its counterparts.
• Use contacts and support the process to acquire new contacts for GIZ, in consultation with the Vaccine Manufacturing project Co-
Leads, Ghana Health Team Leader and the DIPC team as may apply.
• Performs other duties and task at the request of management.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Master’s degree in computer science, health informatics, medical informatics, public health, bioinformatics or similar.
• Minimum of three (3) years of relevant professional experience in public health, digital health, or medical/health informatics.
• Proven ability for teamwork, co-creation, and skill-transfer.
• Very good working knowledge of ICT (related software, phone, email, the internet) and computer applications ( e.g. MS Office,
• Strong organizational and writing skills.
• Experience in office management and administrative task.
• Good interpersonal, management and communication skills.
• Strong command of English language (both written and oral) is required; knowledge of German language is an asset.
• Ability to multitask and work under pressure.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page cover letter to:
under the Job Code 2023/DIPC/01/27
. If you do not hear from us Two (2) weeks after the deadline, please consider your application unsuccessful.
10 February, 2023
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race, and religion are
encouraged to apply.