A reputable Oil Marketing Company is seeking to recruit a dynamic, experienced and result-oriented person with good leadership qualities and enthusiasm to fill the position of Technical & Operations Manager.
Technical & Operations Manager
Reports to the CEO
• The Operations department is primarily concerned and tasked Infrastructural development of sales outlets
• Standardization of Operational, Engineering and Safety
• Activities at all sales outlets to ensure conformity to Internal Guidelines and Regulatory Standards.
• Offering technical support and advice to management on opportunities for setting up new outlets
• Liaising with all regulatory authorities such as NPA. EPA, MMDAs, Fire Service, GSA etc. and ensuring all technical, operational, safety and regulatory issues and requirements are fully complied with
• Responsible for all Operational. Engineering, Safety and Technical activities, and ensuring that issues at all sales and distribution outlets, and best practice - health, safety and environmental standards are met.
• Provide direction and support for the Operations team to ensure that all engineering, operational, regulatory and safety issues are addressed a timely, speedy and professional manner
• Ensure that all outlets operated by the company, operate in line with the company's safety manual and all other statutory safety requirements (NPA, EPA, GSA, fire etc)
• Infrastructural development of company's filling stations, ensuring all stations and consumer are built in line with the engineering standards and in conformity to regulatory
• Coordinate the activities of all teams and formulate situation-at-hand recovery plans cases of
• Maintain database of all equipment and operational assets of the company and ensure a good culture for all fixtures and equiprnent at all outlet stations
• Design training programmes for forecourt staff, station managers, technical and operations team members and ensure that operational standards are kept at the highest possible level and strictly adhered to.
• Handling correspondences with all regulatory authorities within the petroleum downstream sector (NPR EPA GSA. Fire Service etc.) and all issues are promptly addressed.
• Keep and update all legal and regulatory documents regarding tie outlets of the company. such as Land Title certificates. NPA Permits. Fire Service Permits,
• EPA Permits, District Assembly Permits, etc together with their routine inspection reports, contracted legal Agreements oncoming management of various outlets. etc
Qualification Required & Experience
• A degree in Engineering, Accounting. Management or equivalent degree
• Masters degree in relevant discipline will be an added advantage
• A minimum of 7-10 years working experience, with at least five (5) years in Managerial Position with a reputable Oil Marketing Company or equivalent
• Strong analytical and numeracy skills
• Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with Expert judgement and decision-making skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal
• Excellent project management skills
• Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy and Results-driven individual with high ethical standards
How To Apply For The Job
Interested and eligible persons are to submit their application letters with detailed Curriculum Vitae (Including contact address/phone numbers of two referees) to the email address:
15 July, 2019