• The successful candidate for this role will join our Finance Team as the Technology Business Controls Manager. (S)He will report to the Head of Business Controls and will be responsible for safeguarding the assets of the company by identifying inadequate, inefficient, or ineffective internal controls; identifying risks and recommending mitigation measures and improvements. S(He) will ensure full compliance with the Internal Control Manual, Policies and Procedures around the processes of Procure to Pay, IT & Network, Legal & Corporate Governance, Health Safety & Environment and Corporate Security. The successful candidate will also act as a local relay of the corporate business control team to foster all group related initiatives.
• Assess risks, review and assist in the development of policies and procedures, ensure their implementation and monitor compliance around the processes assigned to you.
• Plans and executes internal control reviews through peer reviews and any other assessments by understanding organization objectives, structure, policies, processes, internal controls, and external regulations; identifying risk areas; preparing the scope and objectives around the processes assigned to you.
• Assist in conducting projects on awareness campaigns on Internal Control in Ghana.
• Assesses compliance with all applicable regulations by ensuring that the controls in place cover the risks assessed by the regulators around the processes assigned to you.
• Assesses risks and internal controls by identifying areas of non-compliance; evaluating manual and automated Technology processes; identifying process weaknesses and inefficiencies and operational issues around the processes assigned to you.
• Coordinate Self Assessments Campaigns, ensure timely delivery of results.
• Follow up remediation of agreed actions for all audits carried out i.e. External Audit, Internal Audit findings and internal reviews like peer reviews and Self-Assessment in the processes assigned to you.
• Monitor the Internal Control Maturity of the company as agreed on by management around the processes assigned to you.
• Closely monitor internal controls around the following processes assigned to you: Procure to Pay, IT & Network, Legal & Corporate Governance, Health Safety & Environment and Corporate Security.
• Support Audit and Risk Committee, internal auditors and external auditors by coordinating information requirements.
• Ad hoc requests regarding controls from CFO and management.
• Continuous research to enhance knowledge around risk management and internal control.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology/Computer Science. Possession of a Master’s degree in MIS will be an added advantage
• ACCA/CPA part 1 qualification.
• CISA Certified
• Ability to use auditing procedures and control techniques to meet control objectives.
• Protects the organization’s reputation by keeping the information confidential.
• Capability to influence cross-functional teams and to build trust with the team, clients, and internal departments;
• Capacity to learn quickly and adapt to changing priorities and the dynamic industry AirtelTigo operates in.
• Attention to detail with analytical tend of mind.
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
How To Apply For The Job
Interested and qualified applicants should send their Applications & Curriculum Vitae to:
Kindly indicate the role you are applying for in the email subject.
23 August, 2018
While we appreciate all interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted due to the volume of applications.
Ready to be part of our dynamic and innovative team? At AirtelTigo, we enhance the value of our employees by providing long-term growth and opportunities in an ever-evolving work environment. Our values are at the core of what we do and represents who we are; Simplicity, Transparency and Relevance. Initiate your journey to be part of our world-class team and experience a rewarding career.