Applications are invited from suitably qualified Ghanaian Nationals for the post of Technology for Development (T4D) Officer (National Officer Category). VN No.:
VN-15-24 Post Level:
NO-B Type of Contract:
Fixed Term Job purpose:
Provide technical, operational and strategic leadership and end user services in the implementation and support of Technology for Development and innovations to achieve UNICEF programming outcomes for children. Main Duties And Responsibilities:
• Provide technical support to all programme sections on the identification, selection, concept design and roll-out of HD solutions to address bottlenecks towards the achievement of programme results.
• Lead the development and oversee quality assurance during the roll-out of an office- wide HD strategy and participate in setting up standards and mechanisms for HD programme M&E and Research
• Liaise with ICT service providers and potential partners to ensure the successful delivery and provision of quality produces and services for enhancing UNICEF goals for outcomes for children.
• Provide technical inputs to programme sections for development of HD project proposals and documentation and build capacity of programme staff in analysing the large amounts of data generated through HD initiatives including the use of data visualisation techniques and analytics tools.
• Provide technical guidance for the sustain ability of HD interventions and their transition to relevant government and civil society institutions. Qualification Required & Experience
• University degree or equivalent background in Computer Science, Information Science, Business Administration, Engineering, or related area.
• Two years of progressively responsible professional work experience in operations and programming with focus on innovation.
• Fluency in English required. Another UN language is an asset Competencies:
• Sound theoretical knowledge and expertise in the areas of int.erest for the job
• Analytical, negotiating, communication and; advocacy skills.
• Good writing and reporting skills.
• Leadership and teamwork abilities.
• Computer skills, including internet navigation and various office applications.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a multi- cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships, both within and outside the organisation. Competency Profile I) Core Values (Required)
• Diversity and Inclusion
• Integrity II) Core Competencies (Required)
• Communication [II]
• Working with People [I]
• Drive for Results [I] III) Functional Competencies (Required)
• Formulating Strategies and Concepts [II]
• Analyslng [III]
• Applying Technical Expertise [III]
• Learning and Researching [II]
Planing and Organising [II] Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
If you have experience working in a similar capacity and want to make an active and lasting contribution to build a better world for children and match the profile outlines, send a brief application letter supported by detailed curriculum vitae, UN Personal History Form (which can be downloaded from: http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/P11.doc
) indicating the title/location of the position they are to and photocopies of other supporting documents to: [email protected]
OR The Human Resources Manager UNICEF P. O. Box 5051 Accra-North Closing Date:
02 November, 2015
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for a written test.
• Qualified candidates, particularly females are strongly encouraged to apply
• NOTE: UNICEF IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!