Our client is a renowned multinational company and major player in various sectors in selected African and Asian countries. Our client is currently in the process of expanding its operations and is seeking to engage globally minded and experienced individuals with successful track record in the specific fields to manage the affairs of the company. EXECUTIVE SEARCH
Our client is a company registered by guarantee under Ghanaian law with expertise in the waste management and sanitation sector with focused mission of improving life’s and the Ghanaian economy through efficient and sustainable management of waste. Our client is the umbrella body for all legally registered waste management companies in Ghana.
Our client is currently in the process of restructuring its operations to ensure more efficient and effective delivery of services and is seeking to engage globally minded and experienced individuals with successful track record in the specific fields to manage the affairs of the company.
Applications are invited from experienced Ghanaians for the specific positions before 30th December, 2015. The location for all the positions is Accra with possible and frequent travels in- country and abroad. SUMMARY, HEAD, RESEARCH, DEVELOPMENT & LEARNING
The Head- Research, Development and Learning will be responsible for the successful leadership and management of the organization according to the strategic direction set by the Executive Committee, the President and Executive Secretary; The successful person will support the organization to:
• Develop research work plans according to project needs of the association
• Identify potential grantors and build strong relationships with them.
• Develop grant proposals and assist in grant completion and submission processes.
• Perform day-to-day supervision of research staffs for assigned projects and lead all proposal writing processes for the organization. Act as primary contact for research team for any questions and concerns.
• Attend meetings to share new ideas and discuss about issues.
• Assist in employee recruitment, orientation, training, performance evaluation, promotion and retention activities. Assist in maintenance of research database and company website.
• Coordinate with management in budget preparation and expense control activities.
• Review financial reports, perform invoice processing and approve expenditures.
• Analyze and resolve research issues in a timely and accurate manner ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES The Head of Research shall perform some or all of the following:
• Participate with the Executive Secretary in developing a vision and strategic plan to guide the organization
• Identify, assess, and inform the Executive Secretary of internal and external issues that affect the organization
• Act as a professional advisor to the Executive Secretary on all aspects of the organization's activities
• Liaise between the Academia, the Ministries responsible for waste and the secretariat to ensure the needs of the waste companies are influencing research and vice versa.
• With the help of the Executive communicate with stakeholders to keep them informed of the work of the organization and to identify changes in the community served by the organization
• Establish good working relationships and collaborative arrangements with community groups, funders, politicians, and other organizations to help achieve the research goals of the organization. Qualification Required & Experience He or she must have:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent with practical knowledge of research and development.
• He/ she must have practical knowledge of, financial reporting and excellent writing skills.
• Candidates with master’s degrees in environmental sanitation will be given added advantage. Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
PLEASE SEND ALL DETAILS AND CURRECT CVs, with copies of relevant documents (certificates, transcripts etc. as well as email address and mobile phone numbers) to: The C.E.O. KEKJASON Ghana Limited P. O. Box GPO 3126 Accra
Or By Email: [email protected]
OR [email protected]
• Please indicate clearly the job titles for which you apply.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
• You can also make enquiries on +233 20 7000 171 Closing Date:
28 January, 2016