A highly reputable medical care facility with an oncology background located in Accra, Ghana seeks the services of high competent and dedicated clinicians in the following areas: Job Title:
THEATRE NURSE(PERMANENT&LOCUM) Reports to:
HEAD OF CLINIC
• Theatre nursing personnel will be responsible for providing exceptional care to the patient who visit for pre-operative&surgical procedures. They are accountable in an oversight capacity for the effective delivery of competent, compassionate, and efficient care for the patient undergoing anesthesia, surgery and/or procedures, and Phase 1 Recovery according to Ghana’s regulatory nursing standards. Responsibilities
As a Theatre Nurse, you will be required to undertake the following: -
• Work independently and in partnership with our doctors/surgeons to facilitate patient care and management in before and after surgical procedures:
o Assess, plan, implement and evaluate required patient care under the guidance of the surgical team.
o Promote a work environment that demonstrates caring by accessibility of safe equipment and adequate supplies in an efficiently arranged physical setting.
o Prepare patients for, and assist with, surgeries and treatments.
o Prepare operating rooms, sterilize instruments, equipment and supplies, and ensure that stocks of supplies are maintained.
• Maintain effective relationships between the multi-disciplinary team in the clinical
• Communicate effectively with patients/relatives, ensuring all clinical needs are met in a courteous, helpful and compassionate way.
• Ensure patient safety at all times. Safeguard against errors by following protocols and procedures, with the knowledge that complex regimens of potentially lethal drugs are being employed in a variety of treatment settings. Bring to attention of management areas where these can be improved.
• Identifies appropriate communication, and coordination to ensure smooth processes within the operating rooms. Qualification Required & Experience Requirements:
• An advanced degree/Diploma in Critical and Peri-Operative Nursing.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience
• Registered with the Nursing& Midwifery Council.
• The ability to keep updated on the latest medical technologies.
• The flexibility to work irregular hours and remain on emergency call.
• Strong decision-making, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Experience in the oncology field
• Good teamworking, leadership, and organizational skills. Conditions:
Remuneration: Above-market average Contract Type:
Permanent and Locum Basis Hours:
Mondays-Fridays 8:00am-5:00pm (Occasional Weekend/extra working hours may be required) Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
All interested applicants, should please email their CVs and applications to: [email protected] Closing Date:
29 October, 2021