Our client, a reputable oil Company, wishes to recruit a:- Trainee Offshore Security Coordinator Location:
Key competencies required:
Candidate should have the following:
• Petty Officer or Chief Petty Officer.
• Naval background; Merchant marine or ex fisherman will be considered with necessary formal education and experience will be considered. JOB PURPOSE
• To assist the Offshore Environment, Health, Safety and Security Coordinator (OEHSSC) in coordinating security within the oilfield. This includes the additional role of navigating RHIBs conveying the government security forces on patrols in an efficient and safe manner. Responsibilities/ Key Objectives
• Ensure the safety of Patrol Teams whiles/whilst onboard the RHIBS/RHIBs.
• Convey patrol team to intercept,advice/advise and escort intruding fishing canoes and vessels out of the Advisory and Exclusion Zones.
• Ensure Company Health and Safety Policy and Rules are embraced and maintained during all aspects of offshore EHSS operations including the STOP safety observation cycle.
• Monitor and strongly advocate compliance with Voluntary principles Security and Human Rights.
• Monitor and execute daily RHIB maintenance checks and maintain serviceability and deficiency records.
• Compile & send daily Fishing Risk mitigation/Mitigation report/Report. (FRMP)(FRMR).
• Ensure safe launch and recovery drills of RHIB.
• Maintain regular communication with Mother Vessel at all times during patrols.
• Understudy the Offshore EHSS Coordinator. Skills
• Incumbent should have some experience of working on small boats including maintaining small boat capability.
• Incumbent should have leadership ability, physical strength, good hearing, normal colour vision and a high degree of manual dexterity. Professional courses taken in boat operation will be useful. Any experience handling small boats is extremely valuable.
• Incumbent should have good oral and written communication skills.
• Incumbent should be proficient with Microsoft Applications including, Outlook, or equivalent spread sheets for presenting data. How To Apply For The Job
Candidates wishing to apply should send their CVs to:- [email protected]
/ [email protected]