Training and Process Improvement Supervisor
• Supervise and train crew who are responsible for the operation of the process plant and associated facilities (tailings dam and water storage system facility, gold room and the gravity/carbon handling circuits);
• Assist in the implementation and management of a competency based training program for process plant employees;
• Work with the metallurgical team to ensure optimum performance of the process plant;
• Work with the maintenance team to achieve efficient process plant equipment performance and availability through training;
• Assist in the development and review of process operation’s SOP’s, management plans and operating procedures, guidelines;
• Actively participate in continuous improvement programs to assist in enhancing the performance of the process plant operations;
• Provide hands-on assistance during operations activities and ensure that safe work practices are followed;
• Ensure the transfer of knowledge and technology to employees and support employee training and skill development;
• Assist in Mentorship and development of employees in accordance with the succession plan
Qualification Required & Experience
• BSc or Msc. Degree in Metallurgy/Chemistry/Chemical or equivalent from a tertiary insitution;
• At least ten (10) years hands-on experience in a Gold Processing Plant;
• Demonstrate a thorough understanding of ICMC code relating to Metallurgical operations;
• Minimum of 3 years Plant Operations supervisory experience;
• Process operating experience in Crushing, SAG and Ball mill grinding with commissioning experience is desirable;
• At least 5 years hands on metallurgical training experience;
• Excellent verbal and written English communication skills;
• Good Metallurgical report writing skills;
• Demonstrate ability to initiate new ideas to improve plant efficiency;
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, database management and GIS knowledge.
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills;
• Valid Ghanaian Driver’s license.
How To Apply For The Job
When applying, please follow the guidelines below to maximise the success of your application:
• Include an introductory paragraph in your covering letter explaining why you believe you are suited to the role you are applying for
• Limit your CV to 4 pages
• Your CV must include demographic detail, qualifications, work experience and a minimum of two referees
• List your most recent positions first
• Include copies of relevant, original certificates and academic records
• Please put the job title you are applying for in the email subject line.
Applications, together with detailed curriculum vitae and proof of qualifications, should be submitted by the deadline date to:
Unit Manager – HR Administration,
Keegan Resources (Ghana) Ltd.
No. 4, Sir ArkuKorsah Road,
Airport Residential Area,
P. O. Box CT 6153,
Please put the job title you are applying for in the email subject line.
12 November, 2015