Programmes & Projects
• Annual Salary: USD 44,328 - USD 51,637
Director of Programme & Project
Under the supervision of the Director of Programme & Project, the incumbent is responsible for the translation and revision of GIABA documents, (letters, reports, agreements, service notes …) from English to French.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure the translation into French, of documents, correspondence involving the frequent use of terminologies relating to law, crime prevention, rule of law and other terminologies on money laundering and financing of terrorism;
• Contribute to the promotion of the use of coherent and uniform terminologies in GIABA documents.
• Ensure internal and external visibility of the actions and results of the Unit;
• Ensure periodically an efficient reporting on activities implemented and results to the Principal Programme Support Officer;
• Ensure the revision of documents from time to time;
• Identify changes, trends, incoherencies and linguistic variations in the different areas of terminology used in the fight against money laundering and financing of terrorism;
• Conduct linguistic research and documentation of multi-lingual terminology publications (bulletins, glossaries, vocabularies, notes and related materials);
• Establish terminology norms;
• Ensure the maintenance and update of data bases and linguistic terminology materials;
• Update his knowledge in the area of computer-assisted translation and terminology.
• Make proposals on all activities pertaining to his missions;
• Undertake, independently, specific missions at the request of the Principal Programme Support Officer;
• Perform any other task that could be entrusted to him by the Supervisor.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in the relevant modern languages;
• A Diploma or higher qualification from an internationally recognized school of interpretation would be an advantage
• A minimum of three (3) years of translation experience into French. A higher degree will reduce the number of years experience by two (2) years.
• Experience with a regional , governmental, non-governmental or international organisation is desirable.
Competencies (Skills, Knowledge and Abilities)
• Sound knowledge of the aims, objectives and procedures of GIABA would be an advantage;
• Perfect mastery of French and English;
• Mastery of the computer tool;
• Ability to work under pressure;
• Sensitivity to and respect for diversity;
• Ability to be recognized and respected by peers, clients and staff;
• Demonstrated ability to work in a complex, multicultural, multi-ethnic environment and maintain efficient working relationships with people of different nationality and culture;
Applicants must not be over 50 years of age at the point of recruitment.
A working knowledge of Portuguese would be an advantage.
How To Apply For The Job
Applicants may use the application form to apply indicating the position(s) they are interested in.
Interested candidates should download the application form
, fill it and send it together with their CV as an email attachment to the following email address:
• Applicants should indicate in the body of their forwarding mail, the title(s) of the position(s) they are applying for.
• NB: PLEASE DO NOT ATTACH YOUR CERTIFICATES TO THE APPLICATION EMAIL
• ANY APPLICATION RECEIVED AFTER THE VACANCY CLOSING DATE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
• Applicants experiencing difficulties sending their application with a hotmail or windows live email account should forward their application via other mail providers such as Gmail, Yahoo, etc. Applicants may also call +2349020946554
for further information.
• Applicants may also call +2349020946554
for further information. Please call this number from Monday to Friday between 9AM and 5PM (GMT+1).
04 December, 2015