University of Energy and Natural Resources (UENR)
Driver / Transportation
Job Vacancy For Transport Engineer
The University of Energy and Natural Resources (UENR) was established by an Act of Parliament, 2011, (Act 830). The University is a public funded national institution which seeks to provide leadership and management of energy and natural resources and be a centre of excellence in these critical areas.
The University approaches its programmes and research by emphasizing interdisciplinary collaboration and taking into account areas such as economics, law and policy, management, science, technology and engineering as well as social and political issues that affect energy and natural resources.
The University of Energy and Natural Resources operates a multi-campus system, currently in Sunyani and Dormaa Ahenkro; plans are underway to start the Nsoatre and Kenyase campuses. Successful applicants of any of the following positions in the University should be willing to reside in any of these locations.
Job Title: Transport Engineer
• The Transport Engineer of the University is responsible for the day-to-day running of the Transport Section of the University.
Responsibilities of the successful applicant include the following:
• Booking service order for operational vehicles at the University’s approved garages;
• Ensuring roadworthiness for all operational vehicles at all times;
• Conducting proficiency tests for newly recruited drivers at DVLA for Human Resource interviews;
• Registering and transferring vehicle ownerships;
• Managing the University’s fleet of vehicles;
• Following up on accidents of vehicle and vehicle insurance claims from the Commission’s Insurance Companies;
• Keeping records of transport related files;
• Monitoring and ensuring update validity of insurance covers for all operational vehicles;
• Monitoring and tracking the movement(s) of operational vehicles;
• Training drivers on road safety and professionalism;
• Coordinating the repairing and maintenance of all operational vehicles;
• Coordinating vehicle arrangements for staff;
• Planning and coordinating vehicle movement schedules;
• Any assignment given by the Vice Chancellor;
Qualification Required & Experience
The applicant must possess a minimum of a master’s degree in Mechanical or Automobile Engineering or its equivalent.
• be a member of the Ghana Institution of Engineering;
• have a minimum of valid Ghanaian Driving License D;
• have at least four (4) years of relevant post qualification experience;
• have leadership and organizational skills;
• have monitoring and evaluation skills;
• have communication, report writing and presentation skills;
• have knowledge of vehicle maintenance;
How To Apply For The Job
All applications should reach the Registrar not later than FRIDAY, DECEMBER 11, 2020 through the following address:
University of Energy and Natural Resources
P. O. Box 214
Closing Date: 11 December, 2020
Only shortlisted applicants would be called for interviews.