The Presbyterian College of Education, Akropong – Akuapem, a public tertiary education institution known for training competent teachers for the pre – tertiary level, is inviting applications from qualified persons for the following position: Tutor Qualification Required & Experience
• Hold a good First Degree and a Masters’ Degree by research in a relevant subject area. Both degrees must be in the same subject area. A Ph.D. will be added advantage.
• Appointment to the position of Tutor shall be for a term of five (5) years and may be renewed for a second term upon satisfactory performance.
• A Tutor’s appointment may be renewed up to a maximum of three terms, that is, a total of fifteen (15) years upon which the appointment may be terminated unless the applicant qualifies for promotion to Senior Tutor position.
• Have served as Tutor in a College of Education or comparable grade in a similar institution or organization for, at least, four (4) years. SPECIAL AREAS OF CONSIDERATION INCLUDE:
• Education for people with visual impairment
• Social Studies
• Religious and Moral Education (RME)
• Electrical Engineering
• Mechanical Engineering
• Vocational (an applicant with Fashion Design or Clothing and Textiles will be preferred)
• Creative Arts (Music) APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING COMPETENCIES
• Be analytical, critical, result-oriented, innovative and visionary
• Be able to work independently
• Must be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines
• Be a good team player
• Possess excellent communication, interpersonal and supervisory skills
• Possess high integrity, as the position holder will handle confidential and sensitive information
• Be able to act professionally in all situations;
• Be highly organized, efficient and resourceful with the ability to multi-task amid conflicting demands and busy work schedules
• Be able to complete at least one term of four (4) years on first appointment before attaining the compulsory retirement age of sixty (60). Location:
Akropong-Akuapem How To Apply For The Job
All applicants are required to download and complete an application form: Click Here To Download Application Form
Two reference letters, at least, one of which should come from a Head of Department or Unit with whom the applicant has worked. The reference letters should include the following information on the candidate:
• Professional competence and work output
• Leadership abilities and sense of responsibility
• General Contribution to the work of a College of Education or relevant institution
• Interpersonal skills
• Any other relevant information.
The complete application pack should be submitted to: the College Secretary, Presbyterian College of Education, Akropong, P. O. Box 27, Akropong-Akuapem
and soft copy to: [email protected]
/ [email protected] Closing Date:
02 July, 2021