NOA Duration of Initial Contract:
One (1) Year Background:
• Under the guidance and direct supervision of the UN Resident Coordinator, the UN Humanitarian Coordination Analyst strengthens capacity of the UN Country Team to operate under the Deliver as One approach followed in Ghana in the areas of disaster preparedness, risk reduction, and coordinated humanitarian crisis response.
• This position coordinates UN support to strengthen the technical and organizational capacities of the government agencies responsible for crisis prevention, preparedness and response in Ghana.
• The UN Humanitarian Coordination Analyst supports the execution of services in the RC Office that support the UNCT by managing and sharing information, supporting the design and monitoring of crisis response and disaster risk reduction components of the UNCT work plan and UNDAF, promoting operational efficiency, and facilitating UNCT activities, meetings of the Inter-Agency Working Group for Emergencies (IAWGE), and annual retreats.
• In addition to managing specific work areas and carrying out the specific tasks outlined in this Job Description, the small size of the RC Office requires flexibility among team members and a back-up regime to ensure business continuity in the absence of other members of the team. Summary Key Roles:
• Ensures inclusive humanitarian coordination and emergency preparedness;
• Ensures effective support to the RC and the UNCT in preparation and implementation of country programming processes and products, including CCA and UNDAF and UN joint programmes coordination;
• Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and management;
• Promotes coordination of disaster risk reduction work within UNDP and across UNCT members within humanitarian coordination. Qualification Required & Experience
• Master's Degree or equivalent in Social Sciences, International Relations, Business Management, Political Sciences or related field.
• Relevant experience at the national or international level in crisis preparedness and response and disaster risk reduction, providing management advisory services, hands-on experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of development projects;
• Knowledge about the UN and RC systems would be an advantage;
• Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages, experience in handling of web based management systems.
• Language: Fluency in English. Salary: GHS 75.408 - 114.595
(Annual Gross Salary) Location:
Accra How To Apply For The Job
Follow the link below to view detailed job description and mode of application; Click Here To Apply Online Closing Date:
30 September, 2015
For United Nations Common System salaries, allowances and benefits for General Service Category (GSI - GS7) and National Officer category (NOA - NOD), please visit: http://www.gh.undp.org/content/ghana/en/home/erations/jobs/ Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Manual application will not be accepted and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted